Religion in America

Religion in America

A Story by Brian
"

Religious discrimination in America society and politics.

"
Religion in America
As an American, I sit here and I think, why do we inject religion into politics although religion should be separate of the state. We Americans always refer to the constitution when an issue of constitutionality arises, however we use the constitution against other people in this nation. For example, the freedom of religion, one of our most prized freedoms in this nation because everyone has a right to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist and so on. However when someone enters the political arena with a “non american” name, we then try to use that name and possible religion against them. I am a close supporter of President Barack Obama, and I really do get sick and tired when people try to say that Obama is a muslim, and a “terrorist.” One point I must make is that he has publicy announced that he is a devout Christian and the name is from his father who was a muslim. However if he was a muslim, why should it care to us, we as religious people should know better that we can not what so ever discriminate against a person because of their religion. I am sick and tired of people trying to say that his name is “Barack Obama” that he is automatically a muslim and  a”terrorist.” Not all muslims are terrorist, in my opinion, there are terrorists in every religion not just in one. I have heard of Christian terrorists, Jewish terrorists, muslim terrorists, Buddhist terrorists, atheistic terrorists, but we as “people” should not discriminate on one religion because of a simple few have done in the past. 
It’s a shame that a person who has a name descended from the middle east can not run for public office in the supposed “free world” because of the name they carry. No one is nation and the in this world can personally choose from which name they want. It’s a shame that a person cannot run for public office because they “might” just might be a terrorist. Are some Americans just so ignorant these days, they always bring up the phrase “what would Jesus do,” and I have an answer to that. What Jesus would do is not discriminate people just because of the name they carry or the religion they practice. The American people for some reason do not like a person because of the religion they practice. I am a devout Christian and no one on this earth will never persuade me to think that there is not a god, or to persuade me to change religions. What most Americans need to realize is that almost of all the worlds religions believe in some type of god, so then how we can not like people because they believe in this religion or that religion. 
In my opinion, the free world isn’t so free anymore, you cant criticize this president because then you would become a terrorist, but somehow the next president, you can criticize him all you want. I’m also against abortion, however if the woman wants to do it, then that’s something that god and the woman must take care of, that something we as humans can not judge. That’s the problem of this nation, we like to judge, but we don’t want to be judged. We as Americans and as human beings need to look in the mirror sometime and judge ourselves and how the way we live before we want to judge someone we don’t know and don’t want to know, and they way they live. Now lets bring up the phrase “what would Jesus do,” now what is your answer for all the hypocrites in this nation and world, what would he do, and how would he feel about the things we’re doing today.
I know some of you who are reading this are not going to agree or like what I just said, but if you don’t like it, get on your knees and tell god, because this is my opinion, and I represent myself, and only myself. Please just remember, don’t discriminate someone because of their religion or name because no religion is perfect, we all have faults. 

© 2010 Brian


Author's Note

Brian
Its just how i felt at the time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're right I don't agree with this, especially with the abortion part. No woman should have an abortion even if she wants to have one. To be honest, I disagree with you're logic on everything except the discrimination part. Besides all that and me having differing bias', we have the same God (if you accept God's grace) and you stated your opinion.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 11, 2010

Author

Brian
Brian

Bowling Green, KY



About
Im currently a student in college, majoring in biology. I love to write, but i can only write when i have the inspiration to do so. And i just tell people how i feel even when they dont want to hear i.. more..

Writing
Toleration Toleration

A Poem by Brian


Be Who You Are Be Who You Are

A Poem by Brian