"Questioned"

"Questioned"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

The meaning of life... Enough said

"
You know i have had this thought coursing through my mind it follows me around whether it be day or night and will at times give my heart a fright.

It's the big what if the question that begs to be answered but goes on deft ears no matter the plea and if you still need a less cryptic response let me enlighten your primitive mind why of course I'm talking about life.

Not yours or mine but a general topic not so basic but you must admit even you have at least pondered and wandered in the old chrome dome about that simplistic endeavor every man,woman and child ever to be graced with life have and will continue to observe this topic at least once while they're alive.

I know I have more so than a handful of times but no matter how long I try to make these meaningless equations seemingly fit and configure to finally churn the gears caught in these cobwebs.

Cause any real answer that can be given is stuck in the loop where the answer to eternal youth seems more easier to find a plausible reply than to begin to find an end to the meaning of life the why are we alive?

Some seek shelter in culture and cultivate a higher being to give a little meaning to all come together and consolidate something or another that usually deals with your fate being decided by your faith.

To hold order with commandments in a time where the unmoral were the norm a prophet one too many all spinning the same yarn giving the omnipotent man in the sky a new name.

However in truth we don't hold proof on the variables being the one and the same it's all too varied and the word only flies by the mouth could all be lies for the greater good sure.

Even than no one really wants to say that it could be a lie because deep down inside they need reason no matter how far fetched that they can find peace in they just want to have something greater than them to believe in.

Everyone wants to be remembered no one in their right mind wishes they would die but it doesn't matter on the excuse on why you find yourself knocking on death's door time waits on none.

So every so once in awhile you will find someone with a purpose in life trying to make the world turn their heads to see the famous or the infamous walk across the street.

Most want to make the world a better place to let good deeds measure their worth while some just want to see the godforsaken world and it's fine residents burn but in the end they are immortalized in documents and best seller movies to try and find how these great people tick.

Just Speculation born from continuous suspicion and this will continue on far after i am gone…. When my embers finally turn to cinders but only through my arts of creation my spirit will stay and live on.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Sorry about saying primitive when I write I just go with the flow and write what I think best fits in less than a minute... I find questioning your writing before it is done is very counter productive and interrupts the flow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on November 9, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Life, Questions, Existence

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing