"On His Own"

"On His Own"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

I always felt like this when I was younger now I no longer feel ashamed to ask for help.

"
A man not understanding what kindness is truly like only to know sorrow and hate to be enveloped by it. Smothered by its uneven taste bitter and placed in a pitiful state.

To be showered with kindness so abruptly would hold an opposite effect to only question “What do you want?” “Why this sudden outburst?” “If I accept will I just get hurt?”

Untrusting by natural cause to only see the bad in the people you meet to always suspect there to be a scheme.

A man with many acquaintances and no friend to really name. Seems since day one it seemed he has always been on his own.

Even when at home he is family non-existent just always at a distance no one to depend on due to them being on leave due to business. So he fends for himself ; he is quiet and tries to hold no real attention on himself in fear he will just lose his composure all of the emotions he kept bottled inside. Unleashing his fury on the outside, only in a vast amount of time to realize he was never truly alone.

His fights were him against the world leaving out the rest thinking this decision for the best.

To lie beaten and weeping his final defeat in this moment wish for a switch to flip again and flick repeat as it took his whole life to realize to finally know he was never meant to fight on his own.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on November 9, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Alone, Pride, Suspicion, Conspiraring, Self Reflection, Personal Conflict

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing