"The Past"

"The Past"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

In this I write about the scenario in my confession in my junior year of highschool with exaggeration and of course rhyme to further entertain.

"
There I go again thinking about my past bringing up the what ifs and what could've beens. Rewind in time back to my demise the hallway, after school had just ended the sound of rain falling in the background.

Where there she is ,and oh look there's me. I am looking at her eye to eye trying to let these feelings get by.

What she can't see is in my mind I have it all figured out crystal clear nothing left to fear. So I try to crescendo break the ice come out smooth just let it flow like ripe wine.

To instead fumble my line's and all the work I placed in all those times I stared my self down in the looking glass. Just trying to practice my speech and fix my impediment when I speak.

To only crash and burn when it came crunch time. To only sound the direct opposite of what I had wished to be ; shy and awkward I turn my cheek as I feel her cold stare personify and verbally slap me.

Her silence said it all she didn't know how to say it she tried to smile as if the thought would dissipate. Did you really just write my confession off?

So there I was looking at a empty hallway where mentally time slowed and the downpour softhend to follow after the building darkens.

I spilt my gut's on the white tile floor, showed her how I fealt and what she meant to me to only leave me as I continue to bleed profusely the gesture alone like the gusty wind blew me back along with any shred of dignity and pride I still had intact.

Standing thinking fast but only drawing blanks. The custodian comes by and sweeps up the ground along with my metaphorical entrails... I think I needed those.

As I'm left wondering what this will entail I saw flashbacks of still photos and small quotes with invigorating details to see the attempt at triumph to be quite tiring.

I mean honestly just squandered lines waiting for another foolish squabble I tried to dabble in a conflict I was unprepared to fight.

Why? Why do I feel so betrayed? How can this all end before the true story even begins? How will she treat me when we meet next week?

Do we just play pretend? Go back to being just friend's? Or am I in a mental prison being imprisoned for saying that sentence? So they will carry out my execution for having this death poorly sentenced.

Might as well be dead ; I already feel it , just lifeless as I move feel the sinking feeling of a pit of quicksand with each step I'm another foot in.

Funny how life is... One minute you feel like a King, next your gilded crown breaks and take the force of the world kicking your teeth in and just for some good measure have all your close peers ask questions that make you remember the displeasure of that beating.

I don't see how I can see this working out. I'm emotionally scarred now and scared out of my damn mind she will treat me like another guy ; ask me who I am to set the ground rule.

Who am I? I don't know just to take a guess though ; another stranger lost in time searching for a way to pass this impasse to get away from his past.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
This was alot to type... Still what do think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on November 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: My Past, Unrequited, Love, School, Self reflection

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing