"Halted Evolution"

"Halted Evolution"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

This is about how sometimes it's just difficult to admit to your own feelings when you already hold such low self-esteem.

"

Now sad to say I know but I have overstayed and step past that line one too many times don't seem to know my place.


but will only continue to gain face from dodging all these silver lined bullets on a day to day pace because I'm competing in this race I will never accept anything else but number one.


Cause I wanna gain some love to continue to have a will to sign at the end of this short life but I'm still trying to catch those butterflies flying past her so I can transform and gain wings so I could also fly.


Metamorph into something else but this lowly bug all I want is a hug but I continue to play with my clown mask and instead give a head shrug each time me and her talk about topics pertaining towards love.


“Good God man! grow some guts boy other wise you will only become a caring shoulder for her to cry upon.”


Yet though you know this you like how things are no need for a rocky start to start up on this mind shaking landfall.


but truth be told you won't be bold because you don't know if you could actually win her over with something other than this rhyme.


So you continue to bide your time seems your penmanship is the only thing that actually grew because the man is still the boy he once knew but you know you've gotta grow so you can finally let these feelings get through.


but she's the sun and you're the moon so close to each other from outside perspective but will only every few years coexist in to that solar eclipse.


However your mind still needs some internal rehab because at this point you might relapse if that darkness continues to consume you.


To only lose your understanding and fall into a pit of grief and toxic misery so as one would guess you say nothing nope not a peep.

so those silent days turn to months and then so on to years and this creative nature will continue to churn gears but your practical instincts will go on deft ears all for none but yourself to hear.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Leave what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Self-esteem, Unrequited, Love, Personal Conflict, Change

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing