"Mr.Serious"

"Mr.Serious"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

This is what I fear I will turn into when I am older then my current age no longer having fun and just being no fun due to work or other issues all adults have.

"

Mr. Serious needs a raincheck foot it to his tab you best believe he's good for his word you'll see he shall return.


To eventually pay his debt in time for otherwise regret would eat at his pure conviction that he holds in mind.


Make him flinch? I think not this Mr. is one not to be startled or someone to try to pry into what makes him whimper or scream.


Cause ya see most are scared of the unseen and that majority tend to shiver in their boots with a faint whisper said to them in the ear.


He however just stays with a straight face and pulls his fist at whatever wishes to meet it's raw embrace.


He isn't mad, sad or anything at all bad he is just so serious with his forehead and eyebrows wrinkle lines already even though he has only lived for twenty five.


Anxiety tends to be his mortal enemy when others such as co-workers will throw him under the bus for momentary monetary value but he gets up let's out a sigh and dusts the rough off.


He seems to see the bigger picture or perhaps his canvas is just smaller than the average so the dull portrait he has envisioned is already complete.


Oh Mr. Bland when did you change to be as entertaining as a bag of sand?


Sir serious am I delirious? Or perhaps I should continue to joke and stay that way till I grow old?


Mr. Sir serious in all seriousness are you what I am to become?


Stuck ranting about tips and small minimum wages being annoying?


Someone better call a taxi so they can get away from all this talk about hating taxes because this mind boggling madness is quite taxing I mean let's be honest.


Oh Mr. Serious when did you become so dead inside?


Why did you even bother to fight? What you like is not fun everyone's said so a million times it must be true than right?


For serious how many life decisions did you lose or forsake to change this way?


Are you actually still alive or are you as dead as you are inside?


That inferior interior needs some home improvement because your heart has blackened and shrunken.


Oh Mr. Serious why? Why couldn't you have lied when the situation called for Ms. Little White Lie?


To come in and smooth things over so you never hit and missed that time to perhaps gain a chance in attaining a new hand to find solace in?


Why couldn't you have been Mr. Sunshine all the time you've got to be happy and look on the bright side at least you are alive right?


That just wouldn't be you so false and confused keep your own self enthused.


with who's who? and the bitter truth that There's a Mr. Serious inside you too.


Just looming in wait for one really bad day to finally change the way you perceive your reality to eventually morph your face to accept it's droll embrace.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Leave what you think please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on December 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Personal Conflict, Future, Dull, Drab, Fear

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing