Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
"Graduate"

"Graduate"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

This is a poem I wrote a day before graduation last spring for High School I still felt emotional while typing it,

"

So many trials, so many times where you didn’t want to let a single moment slip on by.


So many more where time itself seemed to have felt near unlimited where nothing ever felt too limited.


There was no sort of wall to your course all was clear…. Ah but of course that was all a young naïve boy and girl’s perception.


You never saw anything else but what was in front of you ; maybe this is all hindsight doing the talking but you were just plain near sighted and that far outreach was and shall continue to be just too blurry to truly see.


So many smiles to a face which in time may hold no name to remember it by.


So many more you have all but nearly forgotten, So many people other than you who wish to never say goodbye.


You have already done this twice come now what’s one more time?


You , you ,you but that is not all for there is also Me, Myself and I.


I may have ended up tongue tied falling again all over again for her sweet sin lay in constant wait for her to let me in.


Let me be that knight in white shining armor because Mr. Prince Charming came to save the dame and bring light to her darkest days.


However there was no danger no distress for her to stress she was already at inner peace…. Her real savior had already came.


In the meantime there is no real time, none to name days are becoming short and now so seems the year.


It just flew by far too fast leaving us bewildered with so many questions for you and I to ask.


Yet hold none and see no answers in our direct path.


Now I’m not one for mindless destruction but these mixed feelings of misery and glee keep leaving me conflicted.


Might just hit a repeat with just me crying and whining in a fit of anger and rage because I just got too overwhelmed and on that day held a devious wish for the world to recede away to never come back another day.


However I am not one to lose myself should I still hold half a mind in mine.


Can’t allow myself to lose any sense of hope I need that light to illuminate and eliminate any doubt in my head.


Those very shadows that cloud around me overhead.


These moments always seem to grant me clarity where suddenly it all makes sense and the puzzle pieces seemingly fit.


From the flick of the wrist and a snap of the finger it’s just that three second countdown and I see and hear all.


Me, Myself and I but it is not just all upon me for this grand final day for there is also you too.


Where we stand together on the triumphant stage ; a monument the very pinnacle of our youth.


Where the curtains rise and close for everyone one more time, where not only I alone say “Show’s over folks.”


For we take one last bow and with that action we descend from the stage to only ascend once again later on in life.


Now you and I must say our farewells it would do us well before we put this subject to rest ; it’s for the best so together we shall dream but to hold dreams we must first find our inner peace to finally let the mind flow easy and gently rock us to sleep.


So before you turn out my High school life let me say goodnight but most of all sweet dreams and finally this time…. Goodbye.  




© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Please leave what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is really emotional especially for the once who are recently graduated. It's really a sad moment when you leave your friends and prepare yourself for another tour. Loved it. You nicely expressed your emotions. Keep writing!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Thank you I am quite proud of this one in particular as I specialize in the more "Depressing or Sad".. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on December 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Graduation, School, Time, Youth

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing