"Revelation"

"Revelation"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

This is about a relationship I had that I was still hung up on about now four years ago.

"

People say that the brave reside in the weak but if I had ever claimed to be strong does this instead make me meak?


I traveled the high road the one less sought but just look at where that got me.


The love of my life is gone past connections were presently cut it just hurt too much to see her; but one day she contacted me said we should meet.


I thought I was in a daze caught inside another lucid dream.


The very line sounded so sweet my heart was fluttering and felt like I could suddenly sprout wings and fly.


The next day we met but she came with a friend a boy-friend to be most precise but I was too caught up in the moment to think anything otherwise.


I bring up the past what we may have once had and she has the tact to not even acknowledge that fact.


Turns out the friend was more so than what it seemed or at least to me.


She’s now spoken for seems she wanted some closure and to do that she had to open that old door for little ol’ me to end up just closing it before I even got my foot in.


Why? Why did she do this to me? How could she?


My emotions were already in an uneven state.


After nearly two years since my heart lost it’s beat it started now once again till that day where it once more cracked and shattered out of place.


Yeah she brought what’s his face in the mix don’t remember his name nor do I care to learn in the first place.


How could I possibly lose I thought I was the MC the one she truly still needs?


Oh no now I see so vividly damn it all how could I have been so foolish?


How could I have been the main man when I was constantly sidelined since the very beginning?


All these questions without answers to use to make some sense with.


I should have been the “Villain” as there’s no other way I could have been more important in this story when the real “Hero” has already been chosen.


Let her little “Hero” try to even make it past me he won’t even get the chance to gain any skills or allies not for when first I see him where firstly I will be gouging his eye’s.


If to be brave means I’m to act weak than rather than let myself get the slow clap for some poor effort.


Then being fueled to the brim with all this negative emotion just constantly clouding around my mind quite madly I tend to shout and huff and puff till my lungs give out.


I’m gonna embrace what I’ve already got I will be that sniveling coward who is strong and knows no defeat.


I would much prefer to be mean and violently angry than to even care an ounce to try to be kind and gentle.


Tried to be Mr. Nice Guy but didn’t even finish last because I was never even in that race.


Now I feel so out of touch losing my pace now the feeling starts to feel so fake, so unreal to even think in the end I remained “Brave”.


When all I did was just watched and gritted my damned teeth.


Now waiting here for the sucker punch while I wait on my own once more all alone.


To abruptly take a sudden shot of realization like letting a bullet fly by and get the kick back off the handle to a gun.


All I had to do was stop to think while looking at me in that handsome devilish reflection to finally see that punchline I kept missing one too many times.


Damn it can’t you see!?


………..All along it was me.


© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Please leave what you thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's nice. This poem was like a story, the speaker thought something, but happened something unexpected. All hopes crushed in a second. It was like you can't decide the ending by reading the first half, you have too read the whole poem too get to the ending. I loved it. Keep sharing your other writings with us....

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's nice. This poem was like a story, the speaker thought something, but happened something unexpected. All hopes crushed in a second. It was like you can't decide the ending by reading the first half, you have too read the whole poem too get to the ending. I loved it. Keep sharing your other writings with us....

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on January 21, 2017
Tags: Love, Past, Answers, Anger, Jealousy

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing