"Speak"

"Speak"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

Kinda of a follow up on my other work "Halted Evolution" in a spiritual sense at least.

"
(So selfish with these puzzling thoughts “How can this be? How can she not see me?”)

(Well for one you can not just lie to yourself in wait for a sudden burst in change to alter and shift her view to lower and look at you.)

How could that be anyways? when I have yet to even show my face because each time I gaze into the mirror I only see an utter disgrace.

This is all a phase with time my heart will surely change and all these scars on my arms will heal and I’ll no longer feel so uneasy when she stands so near to me.

My breath is gone my red organ beats fast till I finally take a new breath before the previous became my last.

Sweating so much while under the pressure that she so nonchalantly gives off each and every time her eyes wander in my direction.

Did she just wave at me?

(No you idiot don’t wave back! you were just in front of one of her many friends! quick you fool scratch your head make it look like you were not trying to gain her attention!)

(God you’re so damn embarrassing how could you honestly think she even cared to say hello to you ya unsocial chump?)

(Someone ought to call you “Forest” because all you seem to ever do is turn tail and run.)

(You have written many of a confession for “I wonder who?” when all the purpose and raw emotion is lost when you can’t act out of desperation to even attempt to say the that three word sentence.)

(Should someone ever put a gun to your head and say confess or you're dead you'll probably say “Tell my loved one’s I love them” instead and Boom! Bang!)

(Guess what? you blew it! or more like your brain did.)

(Is this what you really want to eat at you everyday till you find someone else to hold another unlit flame with?)

(You're burning up inside you feel like you could practically die but no amount of siliques with me ever seem to change you visually.)

I just constantly bottle it up inside and let all these chances the very opportunities in my own life pass me by because I’m just stuck and figuratively frozen in place.

I should be the protagonist in my own story yet why do I always have such low self esteem to instead think I’m just secondary to the overall main theme?

My looks should be good enough is my personality just rough?

Do I just not see the obvious? how can I make her see me as rather dashing without ever asking?

(You can not be serious it’s a wonder to know if she even realizes you in fact actually exist.)

(The sheer fact that you must ask any of that just goes to show you are missing an essential part in tact you need some common sense intact.)

(How do expect me to truly believe you don’t deserve my scrutiny with all this crap you keep spewing.)

(Sure you may know her but have you ever said anything to this Missy or do you not even have the ability to try to swing and miss?)

(Fine if talking is somehow too much which apparently it is why not let your actions speak for you in your mute mouths stead?)

What would you propose I do exactly?

(I don't know kid just hold open a door or help her on a test to receive a high score.)

(Look you need to get out there and learn by mistake just good old trial and tribulation and finally maybe just maybe you will be a bit more lucky with the ladies.)

How long will that take though I need results not insults.

(Well you want to be seen so first off catch her attention and do something, sing, honestly anything but just creepily staring.)

(Just say what you want to say no need to try to change you don’t have to act so fake because if she can’t accept you then son she’s not the one for you to choose.)

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
The parenthesis are the boy's own criticism and advice to his self while the one's without is just the boy talking out loud.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The siliques is very interesting. It really shows how people can internalize their self doubt.

However, it's not very healthy to have all the questions/doubts in your head. It works better to just hash them out to a friend or even out loud to your self.
That's just me though.

From reading how you didn't just go up to her, I can tell you really don't wear your heart on your sleeve.

In addition to this, I have one question. Do you by any chance have an accent?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Njeri Brooks

7 Years Ago

What's your favorite book?
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

I don't really have a favorite per say but I am currently reading

Mark Lawrence "Pri.. read more
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

And I'm up to date on "The Chronicles of Nick" and I have also recently finished reading "1984" and .. read more



Reviews

The siliques is very interesting. It really shows how people can internalize their self doubt.

However, it's not very healthy to have all the questions/doubts in your head. It works better to just hash them out to a friend or even out loud to your self.
That's just me though.

From reading how you didn't just go up to her, I can tell you really don't wear your heart on your sleeve.

In addition to this, I have one question. Do you by any chance have an accent?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Njeri Brooks

7 Years Ago

What's your favorite book?
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

I don't really have a favorite per say but I am currently reading

Mark Lawrence "Pri.. read more
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

And I'm up to date on "The Chronicles of Nick" and I have also recently finished reading "1984" and .. read more
Exactly, leave the ones who don't care about you. And yes of course, a nice one as usual and keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read my work I had just finished writing earlier last night and wan.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: Love, Hesitation, Self-ridicule, Rhyme

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing