A look into my life

A look into my life

A Chapter by Sivgat Hasan


Greetings,readers. Welcome to my life. My name, is Hope Maxwell and I was just like anyone of you. It was after a very long time that I found out that my destiny, would lead me to be someone not so ordinary. Let me tell you a tale of what I was, what I became and what I am now. A tale which I believe may have a moral to teach. I hope you are ready for a ride which requires patience and understanding. I hope I may be able to give you a slight idea about what our lives are truly meant for.

From childhood, my mother-Aeria Tatum and father-Richard Maxwell have cared and loved me and my little brother-Edward Maxwell, as caring and loving may be possible. My mother was childish and joyful. My father was duteous, smart, loving and love able. He was a man who held his own, dignified and loyal to all. My brother had a world of his own. He was little and hardheaded yet, he showed immense flair and skill while playing the guitar. Most of my life, I was immensely close to these three amazing people. Their love and devotion was everything to me and day by day as I grew up, I believed within that I was in the right track.

I had seen too many movies, played too many video games, to know that people of the world were not that friendly. Most of the teens in the 21st century were mean, restless and corrupted. I didn't want to be any part of them. Even from that tender age, I wanted to become something that would help others, help my kind ! Thus, I began the most memorable grade of my life with brute force, smartness and wit-a lookout for evil doers.

The second important event of my life was when I was in grade-5, when I met my very best friend-Casper Adams, a fine boy and an even finer friend. Our first encounter was in the mighty cricket pitch of our school, we were in opposing teams. Now, as I was in the mood to outweigh everyone there with my dexterity, I obtained the chance to bowl someone out ! You may call it fate, you may call it luck , but on the other end of the pitch was batting the best boy I would ever get to know, Casper ! I was tiny, diminutive as I recall, but I had a killer spin.
 
As I bowled, I managed to swing the bowl outwards from him and blasted his leg stamp. It was triumphant for me. Casper slowly made his way to the class. I saw no regret in his eyes. I was amazed and after the match I met him in the boys' locker room. He came to me and said, "You have a great spin brother !"
I said with much pomp, "Good enough to take you down !"
Casper grinned and said, "My name is Casper Adams, I hope to be your friend !"
As he put out his hand, I saw an amazing spark of dignity and guts in his eyes. I was overpowered by his sportsmanship. I shook that hand of his and at once, obtained a partner.

From then on, Casper and I was well-known in our class for our loyalty and friendship. We obtained new friends, new classmates who joined what I called-'the brotherhood'.
Girls were included as well. After two years, I had become Casper's best friend and he became mine. There was nothing I kept from him, nothing at all. He had become a brother, a true friend !

In those days, Casper and I were too harsh and too fast. I was what some may call a 'bully', yet I believed I was a warrior of justice. 
Casper always said,"Hope, there will be a day when you will be changed."
I asked,"Oh is that so ? What will change me then ?"
Casper put his arm around my shoulders and said,"A girl !"
I looked at him and he looked at me ! We both burst into laughter ! We both knew that the impossibility of that happening was inevitable ! In grade-7, did I come to find out that a girl, would indeed change my world.

In our class came a new student, a girl wearing huge glasses yet exceptionally pretty. She seemed odd, as all she would do is sit in a corner and read books, talk about meaningful things with others in her free time, things which seemed to me to be a waste of time back then. She would sit in the library, and read books ! The fact seemed strange to me ! She would look at chirping birds in the balcony and throw them raisins to eat. She would lift her eyes, the sun would shine on her wavy and glorious reddish hair and at that moment, I would see a very beautiful maiden. I was too naive back then, too rude and stupid ! I was a crazy lad.

One day, I came to her and said, "Listen new kid, no reading books in recess !"
She kept her book down and said, "In that case, I must ask you to forgive me, I'll just go and read in the library."
I said, "I'll have none of that !" 
I took her book and threw it at another class just in front of us, a class were an opposing bully reigned-'Marcus White' ! 
Marcus took the book and shouted, "Fancy that ! A book from a dork, nicely done haha !"
I can't believe I was so pathetic back then. 
I looked at the girl and said, "See ? You just made me look stupid ! You are such a geek ! Such a geek !"
That is when I notice that the girl was looking down to the ground and tear drops were falling from her eyes ! I was struck with horror ! How could I have done that ? The girl slowly walked away. I was stunned by my actions ! 
Casper came to me and said, "You've done it again bro', I I really do hope you are proud of yourself. You ruined the childhood of a nice girl !"
Casper went away as school day ended. I stood underneath the sun and I knew, that I wasn't to be such a person. I may have been astray, but I knew that it was time to fix things. Hope Maxwell wasn't such a person ! I was man enough to admit my mistake and ready to make amends. I believe that in the end, admittance is what makes someone a better person. I had become something I didn't want to be. In my life, I believed that I was the hero who would slay the demons and save the world. Little did I know that I had become a monster. It was then that I knew-it was time to undo my wrong.

I went to Casper, all sad and struck with grief, but with a plan !
Before I said anything, Casper jumped up from the chair in his room and said. "Ha ! I knew you'd come to your senses my buddy Hope. Now lets get that book back shall we ?"
I could only smile at my best friend. It was time to rock !

This chap, Marcus White and his filthy scum smoked cigarettes in a park which I often visited. Casper and I made our way there to find all of the scum gathered around the basketball court.
I stepped up and said, "You sick beings think smokin' in this age makes you look cool ehh ? I'll tell you what it makes you look ! It makes you look weak and insignificant ! Oh wait, you are insignificant !" 
Marcus grinned and said, "Look what we have here ! The fool and his accomplice."
I smiled and said,"Nothing would please me more than to rearrange that face of yours, but if you return that book to me, I'll spare you and your jokers."
Marcus and his insignificant group laughed. 
He said,"That is very nice, but you seem to be forgetting that you are in my territory. If you want the book I suggest you come and get it ! One way or another you two are leaving this park with broken bones. Any last words ?"
I looked at Casper and whispered, "Sorry I got you into this my friend."
Casper said, "Sorry ? Don't be ! I wanted to smash this punk's face for a long time now."
I looked at Marcus and he looked at me. Now readers, this was a very vital part of my life, for this was my first fight against the corrupted.

From childhood, my father showed me movies of Bruce Lee-a legendary actor and martial artist. Since then, I've been studying his moves and tactics. Might I say, I was very skilled even in that tender age. Using my fists to spread justice would be my aim in life. Even in that past, justice was needed to be delivered !

At the first stage, Marcus shouted, "Go ! Break these two !" 
His team of seven worthless boys charged at me and Casper while he stood at the end of the court with his underage girlfriend. The stupid  wanna-be boys ran with all their strength ! The first one came and punched. He missed, as I ducked and administered a sharp blow to his diaphragm. The boy fell on the court with agony. Casper took a step leftwards and stretched his arm rightwards, and the second stupid boy seemed to have flipped over, as he ran into Casper's arm.
Casper shouted, "Is this all you have to give you brat ?" 
Marcus smiled and replied, "You wish punk !"

From the right, a hard punch to the face sent me flying on to the other side. I quickly jumped up and went back-to-back with Casper. We looked around and saw that five of the scum had surrounded us ! The first of the five came. He was quite fast in case of punches. At a moment, we both punched and hit each other's fists. His fists were hard. I injured my right hand. He grabbed me by my collar and punched my face twice. As we was about to land the third, Casper came and gave him a hard cross and he smashed to the ground. I was in agonizing pain ! Casper helped me up. The pain was excruciating. The second of the five came towards Casper. Casper dodged the first hit but took a hard knee to his face ! I was so enraged at that scene that I grabbed the scum by his hair and gave a hard chop to his neck, then heel kicked him down. Suddenly, the third of the five grabbed me from the back ! I was locked.
The fourth of the five came to me and said, "Oh you are in hell now !"
He began to punch me hard ! I was still locked ! Just then, Casper made his way up and kicked the shin of the fourth guy, altering him to go down on his knees, as Casper punched him down to the ground !
The guy who got me was startled. I took the opportunity and managed to give him a hard blow with my elbow. He let me go ! At that moment, I punched him twice, once in the face and once in the rib cage. He fell on his knees and was about to faint. I pushed him down !
Casper and I looked at the fifth guy and the scum was scared, he ran off ! I looked at Marcus and saw a tensed look in his face.
At once he regained his confidence and shouted, "Bring it on !"
Casper said, "Hope, take this creep down and get that book ! Be sure to put in a punch for me." I said, "Gladly !"

As I made my way towards Marcus, he dashed towards me and gave the first blow. It was a hard jab to my torso. As I was about to punch him he gave a swift blow to my neck. I was hurt ! As I grabbed my neck in sheer agony, he was sure to punch me in the face thrice and throw me down. As I was lying on the ground, I could feel a gentle breeze which made me stronger. A reassuring breeze. I thought, I could lie down there and remain weak, or I could undo my mistake ! I had to choose.
I chose to fight ! I picked myself up and said, "Hit me with your best shot !" Marcus ran to give the finishing blow. I braced myself. He punched and, he missed ! I took a step back and punched him hard on his face. The next thin I remember, he was lying on the ground, as if he fainted. 
Casper joined me and said, "That was some punch my friend !" 
I came over to the creep girl who was smoking, and said, "Give back the book nicely, or would you like to suffer the same fate as your boyfriend and his creeps did ?"
The girl gave the book and went off running. I stared at the book for a while and I thought of what I would say to the girl when I would give her back the book. 
I said, "Mission accomplished, Casper ! Couldn't have done it without ya, old friend !"
Casper boastfully said, "Tell me something I don't know yo !"
With that being said, me and my best friend made our way to our homes, with epic bruises and rearranged faces !

That day, when I went home, my mother was surprised to see me in such a state. I had the habit of telling my parents everything. 
When they heard about all that happened, my mother said, "Hope why did you get into a brawl for a girl's book ? You could have been seriously injured ! Look what happened to your face !"
As my mother rubbed my face with a wet towel, I said, "I had only found myself in this fight due to my own wrong doings. I'm the one for whom the girl had lost her book in the first place. I had to set things right !"
My father said, "Why, my little boy is a dignified young man ! Indeed very proud of you son !"
My mother said, "Please dear, do not encourage your lad."
I grinned and said, "Do not worry mother. I shall only die while battling for a great cause !"
My mother kissed my forehead saying, "I do hope that day never comes !"
I told Edward everything, every detail. He was much amused to hear me take Marcus down.

I couldn't wait for the next day. In my room, under the lamp's light, I stared at the book for hours and practiced my speech-what would I tell her ? How do i approach ?Every now and then I remember the amazing fragrance of her beautiful rosy hands, when I would sniff the book. All I can say is-that night, sure was long.

The next day, I woke up early and got ready for school. I felt proud of myself as I put the book in my bag. I looked in the mirror and brushed my hair, combed it perfectly. I was willing to try and at least be a person who repented and was willing to try and be a better person.
I had a long way to go, but as my father always said, "You can't reach your goal if you don't choose your path !"
That day, I chose a path. I rushed out of the house and waved my parents goodbye !
Me and my brother went out for school !

On the way, we met Casper.
Casper said, "Big day eh mate ?"
I said, "Sure is buddy !"
Suddenly, on the other side of the road, I saw the girl walking towards school.
Casper said, "It's now or never bro' !"
I nodded and took a deep breath. I slowly walked up to her. She was startled !
I stammered and asked, "Good Morning, h-h-how do you do ?"
She politely replied, "I am doing quite well. What happened to your face ?"
I took out the book from my bag and gave it to her saying, "Got into a sorta' hustle. Here's your book !"
She seemed astonished.
She said, "You didn't need to do so much for a stupid book, you know how Marcus is."
I said, "I did. I don't expect you to forgive me. I just wanted to undo my mistake."
The girl smile so beautifully and said, "There is nothing to forgive, mistakes happen. We are all human."
I was shocked ! How could she do that ? How could she forgive me ? I was speechless, as if my teen heart had skipped a beat !
She said, "I think you are very nice to get my book back, awfully kind of you !"
How could she have said that I was kind ? How could she be so, lovely ? My heart melted !
She continued, "I hope to be your friend.........."
I said, "Hope, the name is Hope"
As I shook her beautiful hands. 
She said, "That is a nice name, Hope. My name is Grace."
Her name was Grace ! Such a graceful name of such a  graceful girl ! I was in a trance. 
I said, "Nice to meet ya' Grace, I hope to be your friend too !"
The last thing I remember, the four of us were headed for school together, a new friend was made. That was the day when I fell in love with this maiden. My life seems happy ? Well, it was, until the hard times came. 


© 2014 Sivgat Hasan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 14, 2014


Author

Sivgat Hasan
Sivgat Hasan

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee Always be yourself and trust your instincts. I am no .. more..

Writing