Skadia - The Writing Panther (part 1)

Skadia - The Writing Panther (part 1)

A Story by Skadia Trazon
"

She wanted one thing, more than any other. To write! Her father told her no, and she believed him. Would that be the end of her dreams, right there?

"
Even when I was a small cub I wanted to write. I wanted to write about lands far away and monsters that hid under beds. To share the worlds that I wanted to live in, and the worlds that my mind flourished in. It was a craving I had, one that got shoved into the closet. My father was a great hunter, and I was to follow his steps. In all of my writing lessons I failed. Not for being unable to complete the assignment, but because it ate away at my soul. I longed to write, but it would never be. Why even try. The feelings of longing to write got so bad that after years of suppressing it started to ball itself into anger. That anger brought me into madness. One that made me lash-out at other students. A desk went across the room when another student got compliments on their work. I was supposed to grow into a hunter, nothing else. My father would make sure of that. 
Every sport that would accept a girl, I entered. Well, forced to enter. Early in my lessons my father took it upon himself to find what talents I had. At least the talents that went with hunting. In my high-school years I learned how to channel my anger. That fact alone made me a valuable player on any team. Even track wanted me. They would throw taunts at me about my spots or marking. Holler about the full and crescent moon mark that adorned my forehead.  It enraged me yes, hurt sometimes, but it drove me to bring every ounce of force I had in me. That year I also lived up to my namesake. The Norse Goddess of the hunt sure did bless me. Skadia they called me, based off her grace. My aim with a bow was true. I never missed the target, but my pattern needed a lot of work. However, it was never good enough; my father would come down on me hard. He made sure to tell me how much improvement I needed. Nothing was ever good enough for him. Once he seen how well my skill was I was forced to drop classes, including my writing course. The darkness and anger consumed me. My next three years of school were spent honing my bow skills until all my shots collected in the red zone. 
My last year of classes came up so fast. It seemed as though I almost missed everything that had happened throughout those years. The days all had just seeped together with each other. Then one day, my life changed. I’m still not sure if it was for better or worse, but it happened either way. He taught me many lessons in my life but out of all of them, this one stood out the most. If you fail, it will cost you everything. Up until that day it was all a trial for me, if I failed, I could try again tomorrow. He failed in his hunt, and didn't return. He never would. Before I even had my first hunt, my predicted life was over. Everything I knew or thought was proved wrong with my father died. They said he was gored by a boar, not sure if I believe that, but what else did I have. In some ways I was free, others, not so much. I never did go back for my lessons. I ran, and I survived. 
I took to the only place I knew, the only place I understood. The forest was my choice. It was where the hunt took place. Those trees, rocks, and dirt where all I knew and I prayed to Skadi herself to help me. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months and before I knew it a year or more had passed. The life I had was all but a faded memory. I had grown so much in that time. My frame changed as time passed. The once lanky teen that I was had transformed into a full body woman, and a lethal huntress.  Muscle grew and coated my bones and all the rage built up within gave me a deadly stare. Claws and teeth were sharp and ready, my jaw strong. Even my beautiful pelt changed with me. The dusty charcoal turned into a silky black. I became the master of the forest and nothing could escape me. Even the forest feared the huntress named Skadia.

© 2014 Skadia Trazon


Author's Note

Skadia Trazon
I personally like keeping my parts or chapter's short for a quick online read. I am in other communities and it seems to work well. As always, feel free to review! I'm here to get better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 24, 2014
Last Updated on May 24, 2014
Tags: anthro, panther, writer, author

Author

Skadia Trazon
Skadia Trazon

Chicago, IL



About
Lesbian erotic writer here. I love ladies and I adore the trouble they can get into with one another. more..

Writing