I am not long gone.

I am not long gone.

A Story by Sketchy
"

prompt: I see the tears in your eyes, not in mourning, but fear.

"

I pushed past you, stumbled uselessly through the crowd. I came to an abrupt end when my head hit the pavement and that is how I had wished to die at that moment; tumbling forward to inevitable fate, caused by a gentle caress of your figure, your hand reaching, desperate.


I see the tears in your eyes, not in mourning, but fear. The blood trickled down my chin, across my face from the top of my head. I'd hit a corner and hit it without grace. I reminded you of your mortality, morality, and the ever lasting reality that you have to live with guilt, the guilt of killing someone you did not know, but in those moments I saw you I fell in love.


You heave me up with arms stronger than mine, you stumble with legs weak and shaking. You carry me past faces, people walking by, but in our own moment, we both know I am gone. I am gone, and I will be free when you let me go. I will be free when you realize that the nook, the cranny that my soul once rested in is not vacant and that your touch is making me stay, your fear, your realization is holding me here, like a chain around a broken ankle.


You click away from here, remembering your fault. I am not long gone, I am not far away. I live on.

© 2015 Sketchy


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Sketchy
Not edited. Not checked for grammatical issues say as you wish.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on May 2, 2015
Last Updated on May 2, 2015

Author

Sketchy
Sketchy

Powell River, British Columbia, Canada



About
I'm pretty young. I've been painting for around 4 years, and for two it's been strictly digital. My name is Chris. While I was sculpting out the ideas for a concept piece; (brainstorming as .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Sketchy


Smile Smile

A Book by Sketchy