Chapter 1 - Smile

Chapter 1 - Smile

A Chapter by Sketchy
"

intro

"
""Smile for the camera!"  I'd be told.
Oh how I would I could, but every time I try to do so: the maggots escape. 

Wait- 
Don't go. Please- "

    The view changes
    "Her mouth shifts into something of a frown, the eyeless sockets stare blankly back at you. It's hard to ignore the fact that you can see her heart beating in an open chest, but words would only bring worse things to come. 
    She didn't think much of herself, but she was so much more, way back when she was alive. She still smiles, but never a toothy open grin, it's always a soft, sad purse of the lips. Her eyes water in time, and the maggots do, in fact, escape. 

    You've known her for a while, but it's not that easy, you can't just go about your day assuming that she's who she says she is. You know she isn't real, but with each passing day her image grows seemingly ever clearer, because like life her eyes light up when she smiles, still. 
    She's been dead a while now, but you don't bring yourself to believe it, not even for a brief moment, not in the silence of the seemingly endless nights. 
 
    No, she's not real, but neither are you, so how am I supposed to believe in her, when you're fading out. 
I'm far past my childhood, now scram, you.

    My name you ask? It's willow. I'm not really a part of this story, just here to guide you along the path of resurrection.
My story is unimportant to this way, but I guess I shall guide you through it..... 

     It's rather boring, don't you think, Lucy? No, you're not real you always ask that. 
Sorry, reader, as I was saying. This story isn't the most interesting, not compared to hers. What? Of course her's is interesting! She's your baby sister, doesn't mean she did'nt do anything before her death!

    You never got to see her alive? Why does that matter? She's pretty now with her beating heart, isn't she? " 

    The girl telling the story, Willow reaches out a hand and brushes it through Lucy's red-brown hair. Normally it would be a straight, but it's messed up and matted with blood and other fluids. This doesn't matter though, it's nice, silky hair, just as it always was. 
    You stare at her as she runs a hand through your dead sister's hair, as she picks off a piece of rotted flesh from the scalp and flicks it away. 

    The girl, Willow clears her throat and begins to speak again. 
"Come on, now. She's not ugly, and she's not dead without reason. 
Have a little sympathy for the girl, she died young." Willows hand continues to run through the younger girls hair. 

    Lucy doesn't react, doesn't emit a response, she simply stares like she's blind. 
"Is she blind?" Willow asks. 
    
"    There's a sudden rush of anger at the situation. How could she not know? This girl came barging into your life with  no explanation, why would she not have answers? She just follows you around like a lost puppy and narrates nearly everything you do, like she's doing now. 
Why won't she stop.
    You try to slap her with an open palm, but the impact never hits her face. 
Because she's like a ninja- Ouch, what the hell!" 

    "You give a satisfactory smirk. For some reason you feel your sister would have laughed if she were still alive. The endless dabble taking place before the story actually starts is irritating, not that your interested. 
    Now you begin to feel that your little sister was probably a gigantic dork, and it doesn't matter anyways, because the 
story is completely unsatisfactory, in your opinion, not that you need to hear it to know that. 

The story is actually pretty great, am I the only one who know's what she's talking about? Maybe I should demonstrate my story telling abilities on you? Would you like that? ... 
....
    No? Why not? I thought I was pretty good at that! 
Actually, it's probably the only thing I can do, beside slap your pathetic slaps.
I wasn't paying attention! Besides, I let you win. There's no way that you did that without assistance from my side. " 

    She gives you a death glare, the kind that sends shivers down your spine. 
She's actually pretty scary, even though she's scrawny and her blonde hair is as much of a lion's mane as flat Pepsi is to carbonated coke. 

    Willow has a small frame, with a bit of chubbiness peaking its head around her figure. Her skin color is seemingly of Hispanic origin and her hair is nearly blonde, but with bits of light brown putting it off. When she smiles her eyes don't quite move with the rest of her face, and she looks like she's been speaking like this for her whole life.

    "You look at where your own hands should appear with uncertainty.  

...
... 
    Light does not reflect from any object even mildly resembling that of a human hand. All you can see is the ground and the area around you guys. There is no sign of your existence as far as you're concerned. 

    For a moment you wonder if Lucy is staring at you, so you glance upwards. She is not, her eyesockets give you a light chill, and you glance away. It's always so hard to avoid the truth, but even harder to accept the fact that it's there. 
    Its hard to accept that you're tied to this earth by reality, and that you cannot roam freely upon this cloudy planet. The skies like heavenly paths; leading you down into what would be paradise in only your pleasant dreams. This world lacked adventure until you met the two." 

    You stare questioningly at the narrative girl. She stares back.
You're memories spill out like liquid, until, metaphorically your mind is dry. Your memories of the event are empty and plain.


© 2014 Sketchy


Author's Note

Sketchy
This may have a few grammar/ spelling errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014
Tags: TW Parasites, TW blood


Author

Sketchy
Sketchy

Powell River, British Columbia, Canada



About
I'm pretty young. I've been painting for around 4 years, and for two it's been strictly digital. My name is Chris. While I was sculpting out the ideas for a concept piece; (brainstorming as .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Sketchy


Smile Smile

A Book by Sketchy