Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Skye's Writing
"

Just the prologue :P Seem to only be able to write short ones, haha.

"

Panting, the creature stood still after its long run. She would be needed soon, but not yet. When she was older he would draw her to her rightful place. Flashes of thought raced through his mind, and he shook his head. But a scene still managed to capture him in his mind’s eye.

            Wide, terrified honey-colored eyes. A voice screaming and howling for help that never came. A body lying on the ground. Eyes that looked up at his, captivating as the nighttime skies above. A low, raspy voice as blood trickled out of her mouth.

            “The darkness of night will fall upon the earth, and all living things will die. The world will no longer be a world but a wasteland. No hope shall be found except of the one who is unknown of everything, including themselves. Seek them out will be seeking out hope, ignoring will be death. Choose...”

            He felt such deep anguish. She will never come back, she is no more. And the thought hurts him more than the wounds he bears now. He looks up at the innocent dark sky, and wonders. A question loomed before him: will he search for this hope or abandon all thoughts of living? He knew what to do. Glancing back down at the body, he silently began to weep.

            “I will come back, now that I have found you,” He whispers into the night. “There is simply no choice, I can never turn my back on you.” And he stared off at the lone little house, all its windows dark.



© 2016 Skye's Writing


Author's Note

Skye's Writing
Tell me what you guys think! And once again, ignore any mistakes or just tell me if you find any. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016
Tags: prophecy, dark, evil, good, light, death


Author

Skye's Writing
Skye's Writing

About
Hi, my penname is Skye! :) I'm a teen girl who loves horses, reading, and writing. Currently I am working on my main book project, Darker then the Night. I will be posting v1 here, which does have so.. more..

Writing