The Wait

The Wait

A Screenplay by Sky B
"

The kind of monologue for a movie character like Iris's monologue at the beginning of The Holiday.

"

I guess that really I’m not afraid of moving on, I’m afraid of waiting too long to start. The longer you wait, the more damage is done, and the harder it is for you to move on. When you give someone your heart and they just mess around with it, while you just watch and hope for it to work out, all that happens is they hurt your heart and it gets harder and harder for you to heal it. So whether you’ll love me or leave me, please just try to not to take so long to decide, because dragging it out just kills me inside and I have a tendency to not know when it’s time for me to tell myself to let go. This whole time I probably should've been moving on, but instead I was just letting myself get lead on. You said you'd give me your love, then just took it back; promised me your heart, then said it was just for laughs.

© 2012 Sky B


Author's Note

Sky B
ending pending, trying to figure out my wording for it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a great start! But.... where's the ending? It's like it started out strong, and then you got bored and stopped writing. Which is disappointing, because it's a good monologue so far. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sky B

11 Years Ago

thanks for the opinion. i am still figuring out how i want to word the ending.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012

Author

Sky B
Sky B

Azusa, CA



About
Hello. I'm one of those use to write, but then college pushed it aside until recently. I'm a second/third year Studio Arts major in southern California. I've written a bit and i really like to, but i .. more..

Writing
Prologue: A Dream? Prologue: A Dream?

A Chapter by Sky B