Chapter 1~Final tastes of a normal life

Chapter 1~Final tastes of a normal life

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 1 of Break the Broken

"

Do you ever wake up and KNOW your life is going to change? Course not, no one does. But, it happens. One morning you could just wake up and-BAM! Something happens, whether it’s good or bad you don’t know.

     But I’m getting ahead of myself. It all really started on a normal November morning in a normal day at school. I was sitting in physics class trying to focus but not really into it. I tried to tune in every once in a while but it was no use.

     When the bell rang I couldn’t have been happier to go into a sea of students. I rushed to my locker and stuffed my science stuff in my bag for class. I did a quick look at myself in my mirror in my locker to check my hair and my makeup. Perfect, as usual. I was always really pretty but I didn’t flaunt it like most girls. I was also one of the smallest girls in my school but I was more daintiness than small.

      I tried looking for my friend Aria through the crowd but like I said, I was tiny, so everyone kind of towered over me. I finally saw her leaning against the lockers, flirting with her latest crush, Will Mason. Will was extremely attractive with his skater hair cut and amazing body, and Aria had to be the prettiest girl in school (I was second) with her long black hair and stunning blue eyes. Not to mention her great body. Everyone knew they’d make a perfect couple.

     “Aria!” I called to her trying to push my way through the crowd. Aria saw me, smiled, and said goodbye to Will and came up to me.

     “Hey,” she said as we turned to head downstairs.

      “Hey, soo what’s were you and Will talking about hmmm?”

       “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she said trying to hide her smile, and failing. I rolled my eyes and pushed her slightly.

      "Don’t bullshit Aria; I know you were doing some SERIOUS flirting.”

      “Alright, yes.” she admitted.

      “I knew it! So what did you say?!?

      “I invited him to come to the mall with us Friday.” she said quickly before scurrying away from me.

       “Wait, what?!” I grabbed her arm before she could make it downstairs.

        "Yeah, what’s the problem?”

          “Aria, we barely have enough room as it is! We have Victoria, and Layla is bringing her boyfriend Drake!”

          “Oh please Bethy I really like him, PLEASE??” she begged doing her puppy dog face. I sighed in defeat and started walking.

          “Fine but he has to find his OWN ride.” But by then Aria wasn’t listening.

          “Oh my god YAY!!!!” she squealed jumping up and down with excitement. I laughed as we walked into science and took our seats. The second I did one of the HOTTEST guys in the school walked in. John Thomas. He took his seat right in front of me but not before he did an amazingly sexy hair flip. All the girls swooned over John with his emo black hair that covered one of his amazing brown eyes. He was really tall but that’s exactly what I liked. Being in the arms of a tall guy made me feel protected. Lucky for me he was in almost all my classes and his locker was only one away from mine.

          “Okay! Let’s get this show on the road, quickly show me last night’s homework!” shouted Mr. Shatner clapping his hands loudly. Mr. Shatner was always loud, even when he wasn’t yelling.

I opened my binder and found the ditto on the periodic table assigned to us the day before. As Mr. S made his rounds through the rows John turned around and faced me.

“Hey Beth, do you have a pen I could borrow?” he asked smiling at me.

“Yeah,” I said calmly even though inside, I was freaking out. I picked up my handbag from the floor and quickly pulled out a pen.

“Thanks,” he said smiling again as I handed it to him. Oh my god he smiled at me, TWICE!

I was so happy he turned around because I could feel my cheeks flame in a matter of seconds.

          Science dragged on endlessly for 45 minutes. All I could do was stare at the back of John’s head-creeper I know-and almost fainted each time he did a hair flip.

          “Bethany!”called Mr. Shatner snapping me out of my John daydreams.

          “What?!”

          “How many elements are on the periodic table that occurs in nature?”

          “Oh!” Luckily I was an expert in science like everything else, “90.” I answered confidently. Thought you had me there huh?

          “Good, pay attention please.” But of course, 5 minutes later I was off marrying John in Hawaii.

          “Psst!” hissed Aria from behind me as she gives me a sharp poke in the back. I looked back at her and saw a note in her hand. I took a glance at Mr. S who was pondering another trick question that no one would have the answer to. I quickly put my hand behind my back and waited until I felt Aria place the folded piece of paper in my hand. Quietly placing it on top of the homework Aria’s huge handwriting was scrawled across the page.

Does your mom have room for Will in her car?

Damnit she doesn’t listen!

 I wrote back:

No I told u if he wnts 2 come he has 2 find a ride!

I quickly turned around and placed the note on her desk. When I heard her sigh I knew she didn’t like my answer.

Her reply was:

Cnt Vic or Layla or Drake get their own rides???

I rolled my eyes.

May-b Layla’s dad could drive her AND Drake Idk I hve 2 tlk 2 her.

I turned around and gave it back to Aria just barely missing Mr. Shatner from seeing.

Aria replied:

Fine we have lunch w/ them; we’ll talk to her then.

I nodded my head and stuffed the note in my pocket.

          Finally the bell rang and we were released. Completely distracted thinking about the mall I almost smacked right into John!

          “Oh I’m so sorry!” I gushed totally embarrassed, but he only smiled at me.

          “It’s cool, here’s your pen.” he said.

          “Oh thanks,” I was about to grab my pen but instead he grabbed my wrist and put it in my hand! I looked up at him and he just held my wrist, for what seemed like an eternity. Finally he let it drop and walked away.

          “You’re probably going to worship that pen,” teased Aria coming up from behind me. I shoved her away but she only laughed, “oh by the way your face looks like a cherry!” I groaned and covered my face with my books.

           “C’mon red riding hood, we gotta get to math.” Aria and I walked upstairs to Mrs. Kevin’s class. I was both happy and sad that John sat all the way in the back of the class while I sat in the front.

          When Math was over everyone rushed to get to their lockers. I had a top locker and a little midget was underneath me. I always had to get there before her because she took FOREVER! I dialed in my combination and shoved my books in. I grabbed my stuff for Gym and Spanish.         

          John had my gym class which I loved because I got to see him all hot and sweaty. I shut my locker and met up with Aria who also had P.E with me. We made it down to the girl’s locker room and quickly changed.

          In Gym we had 3 choices of doing weight room, floor hockey, or just dance 2 on the school’s Wii. Aria originally wanted to do Just Dance 2 but I forced her to do basketball because of John. I was never a sporty kinda girl but I tried to get the ball at least once or twice just to make it look like I did something. But for the most part I always tried not to gawk at John, but it was hard. I also had to participate somewhat but not to the point where I got all sweaty and red faced.

Sadly, neither Aria nor John had Mr. Brewer for period 5 Spanish. But when class ended Aria walked with me to room 115 before she had to turn around and go all the way upstairs to Ms. Storti’s health class.

In Spanish I hardly paid any attention and I still got an A- for the quarter. I liked Mr. Brewer but he’s loud. After almost all of his classes I had a headache.

That day Mr. B was playing his Spanish music which included the Spanish version of The Macarena. I hated it when we took notes because Mr. Brewer had horrible cursive handwriting and half the time I couldn’t even read the board. Which is why I hated Wednesdays because we always took notes on Wednesday.

Throughout the notes I used the pen I let John borrow. The entire class we took notes and by the time the lunch bell rang my hand was red and sore. Instead of going straight the cafeteria I headed upstairs to find Aria. When I found her she already had our mall party assembled, plus one Will Mason.

“Hey guys. Vic, I’m guessing Aria told you,” I said to my friend Victoria, the fire in our group not to mention her red hair.

“Yeah but let’s go eat before all the tables fill up.” she said. We all nodded and went downstairs into the lunch room. I found a table that would fit all 6 of us. We put our things down and got in for lunch. Of course Aria and Layla were on (totally pointless) diets and only bought Hawaiian salads. Drake, Will, Vic and I all settled for a slice of pizza and orange sodas.

When we all sat down we decided who was getting a ride with whom. Finally after many arguments we decided who was taking Aria and Will. Drake-who was 17 not 16-could drive Victoria and Layla. When the “shut up” whistle blasted our eardrums we just passed notes to each other till our table was dismissed.

Everyone cleared their tables and raced to beat the lunch rush. The rest of the guys had to separate from Aria and I as we went upstairs to Social Studies and ELA. Mr. Simms and Mrs. Gardner. I liked Social Studies because John sat right in front of me.

As usual Mr. Simms gave us book work but we could basically ask him for all the answers. So that class flew by and it was finally time for the class everyone loved, English. Everyone always looked forward to English with Mrs. Gardner. She was an average woman but SUPER nice.

That day we got to work on our free write essays. I made sure to get a computer next to John. I was writing a fictional story while he was writing a video game review. That was the one class where everyone didn’t look at the clock every 5 seconds. I loved English and I was actually getting an A+

Plus, while I was typing me and John talked the entire time! I hid my sadness when Mrs. Gardner told us to save our work and pack up. I waited for John to get up so I could walk with him. He walked me to my locker when the final bell rang.

“Beth do we have any homework?” asked John. He asked me every day if we had homework but I didn’t mind.

“Yeah we have our English essay and read Sec 3 and do the review for Social Studies.” I said. He thanked me by giving me a smile before he walked out with his bag slung over his shoulder, wearing his black fedora hat.

I grabbed my bag and met up with Aria.

“I think John really likes me!” I confided in her.

“Of course he does! He makes it soo obvious!”

“Do you think I should, ask him out?”

“Yes! You better before someone else does or he changes his mind,” said Aria opening the door leading outside.

“Okay I’ll do it tomorrow, during free period.” I said.

“Awesome, hey you want a ride?” she said opening her mom’s car door once we were outside.

“Nahh, I’m gonna walk today.” I said.

“Okay, bye. Hit me up on Aim!” she said climbing into the car.

“Okay, latta Ari!”

I never would’ve thought that would be the decision what would change my life forever. I lived close enough to the school where I could walk. I liked walking; it gave me time to think.

          I rummaged around in my purse until I found my I-pod. I put in my ear buds and began walking to the beat of the music.

          It was the middle of November but I could feel winter creeping in. As I walked I tried to ignore the icy wind nipping at my cheeks and hands.

          I had to go through an empty neighbor hood to get into mine and then to my house. The neighborhood looked more like a ghost town than anything else. It wasn’t that it was trashy it was just, empty.

          I was about halfway through the block when a strong smelling cloth came down over my mouth. My screams were muffled and I breathed in the strong potent fumes. The world began to go dark and blotches blurred my vision and I felt dizzy. Then…

I was falling, just falling. Into a sea of loneliness and fear as the waves slammed into me and consumed my mind and my sanity.

~~~

Will Mason-

John Thomas-

 



© 2012 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Okay I'm a romance novelist and I'm really going out of my comfort zone for this book so bear with me. NOTE- The chapters will be long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story is really good....... It clearly states that Beth is a confident girl who has courage ...................... The character of John thomas looks great as he is cute and charming in the picture while Aria smith is a kind of good one.........

Posted 10 Years Ago


A bit normal until the end and I liked thatr! So much for the perfect life./ Love the pictures of the guys btw! The one of John is my favorite! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


AGGG THE F*****G THING WONT LET ME POST MY REVIEW!!! i'm going to mail it to you

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 8, 2012


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER