Clashing Worlds

Clashing Worlds

A Story by Lilith Driscol
"

This was originally meant to be a longer story, but I modified it in order to enter it in a contest. If you really like it, let me know and I'll continue the story.

"

            I am hanging out with Ashleigh and Riley, like I always do on weekends. Riley was already starting to annoy me and we had only been hanging out for about a half hour. He usually acted this way, so it was nothing new. He hardly ever annoyed me so much that I got annoyed at him. I have to admit that I developed a soft spot for him because he reminds me so much about my brother who I have no clue what happened to. Actually I have no clue what happened to any of my family.

            I’m a vampire, and as soon as I had found that out I ran away and never saw them again. I always miss them and regret that I had been turned into a vampire.
            Ashleigh is my best friend-she has been ever since I first moved here. Even though she is a human and I’m a vampire that doesn’t really make a difference to either of us. When I became her friend she introduced me to Riley and so the three of us always hang out together.
            It’s only 3pm, so we don’t really know what to do. Riley keeps bugging us to play kickball, but Ashleigh and I would rather just sit on the swings and talk. We finally gave in and Riley called his brother so the teams would be even. Boys vs. Girls like always. Spencer, Riley’s brother, is actually really cool. He is even able to get Riley to calm down a little bit.
            We all try to do our best, and Ashleigh and I end up winning. We beat them by 8 points. They never beat us although they came close once.
By the way, it’s a completely stupid myth that vampires can’t stand the whole sun thing. I love the sun, always have and always will.
            Spencer has to leave, so we all walk back to Ashleigh house because the game is over, and besides we’d crush Riley if he had to play by himself.
            We’re sitting in Ashleigh’s backyard. Riley is running around like an idiot, trying to get us to do something.
            “So, Ash, I’m going to be really bored tonight because Alex is working late. I was wondering if you would like to come with me to this club that just opened up down town. It sounds wicked awesome. There’s even going to be a live band there!” I say. Alex is the guy that I live with…well actually he’s the vampire who turned me.
            “Oh, I’m sorry Lilith. I have to patrol tonight. I’ve kinda skipped patrol for the past couple nights because I wanted to hang out with Jeremy. And now Wesley is being so annoying, saying that the vampires are going to take over or whatever, and the world’s going to come to an end, blah, blah, blah. He gets so annoying. He even started to tell me that it isn’t a good idea to hang out with you! When he said that I couldn’t control myself, I totally flipped out on him. Nobody’s going to tell me that my best friend is bad for me to hang out with.” She really seemed upset about this. Jeremy is her boyfriend and Wesley is her watcher.
            I couldn’t believe that Wesley could say something like that about me. He knows that I’ve never even hunted a human down before. I only drink blood from donors. No blood from living people for me. Not at all. Actually I think that’s pretty disgusting, it’d be so warm and ugh.
            Oh, did I forget to mention that my best friend is a slayer…a vampire slayer? Well, she is. She’s really awesome, though. When she first found out I was a vampire, she even vowed that she would never stake me, so long as I didn’t kill a human. She also refuses to kill other vampires like me.
            “It’s okay, Ash. I’ll probably just call Phoebe and ask her to go wi-,” I was interrupted by Riley.
            “Hey, Ashleigh! What’s this stone thing over here?” Riley yelled from halfway across the yard.
            “I don’t know. What kind of a stone thing?” We got up and walked over to where he was standing and looking at the ground. He was looking at some kind of round piece of cement that was stuck in the ground and it looked like it had been there for years. “Oh, that’s been in the ground there since I moved here…I actually don’t know what it is. When we had first moved here I asked my mom what it was and she got this really terrified look on her face and then she told me that it used to be a hole to a cesspool. She said that nobody was allowed to ever open it. She got really freaked and made me promise that I would just leave it alone.” Ashleigh seemed like she didn’t know what to think.
            “I say we see what’s really under it!” Riley hates doing what people tell him, so of course he would suggest something like this.
            “I don’t know. I think it seems like a bad idea. And what if Ash’s mom comes back here and sees that it moved?”
            “You’re the most worrying vampire I’ve ever met. There’s nothing to worry about, Lilly. My mom won’t be home for at least another 3 hours and she hardly ever comes back here.”
            We finally came to an agreement after a few minutes of arguing. We would open the hole and then put it back exactly as it was now.
            It took us a good half hour to finally lift the stone up and then it turned out to just be a cesspool hole like her mom had said. We put it back down, but we couldn’t get it settled exactly as it was before. It was close enough though.
           
 
            A few weeks passed and then I got a panicked call from Ashleigh.
            “Lilith, you have to come over here right now. All of the grass around that stone has died in a perfect circle…And I think I’ve been seeing and hearing ghosts since we opened that damned thing. Something weird is going on and I don’t like it. And Lilith, my mom just had a heart attack. I called an ambulance and they told me she’ll probably be okay in a few hours, and that wouldn’t be that strange except that she is perfectly healthy. She has an excellent diet and she goes to the gym three times a week to exercise. I’m scared Lilly, and I don’t know what to do.” I’d never heard Ashleigh sound this scared in the whole time that I had known her. She almost sounded like she was going to cry. Something was definitely not right.
            “Just wait a few minutes, I’ll get Alex to drive me and I’ll be right over. Just stay where you are and make sure all the doors and windows are locked.” I tried to reassure her that it would all be ok.
            “Okay, Lil. I’ll be waiting by the door for you.” The line went dead, and I knew I had to hurry.
            I had said I would get Alexander to give me a ride but it would be faster if we just ran. I found Alexander, and explained the situation to him. We dashed out of the house and were able to get to her house in under 5 minutes even though she lived a mile away from us.
            We broke down her door and I went over to comfort her. Everything in her house had been thrown around. When I asked her about it, she said that the ghosts had done it. They had also cut her phone line.
            Alexander was in the backyard examining the hole we had uncovered and then recovered. Only, the hole was uncovered again and there was a horrible odor coming from it. Alexander leaned closer to try and look into the whole.
            Just as he did this something snuck up behind him and attacked him.
            I heard his scream from inside the house, and so did Ashleigh. She grabbed a stake and gave one to me, too. We ran outside and saw that Alexander was fighting some kind of huge demon. We both realized that the tiny, little stakes we were each carrying would most definitely not be enough to kill this creature. This demon was about a foot taller than Alexander who was 5’9” and it had horns-huge horns.
            Ashleigh and I ran back into her house and started searching for some kind of weapon that we could use to kill this thing. It was a really lucky thing that she had a lot of weapons since she was a slayer. She decided she would use a battle axe and I chose the weapon I was best at using an old-fashioned katana. Whenever I helped her practice slaying, I always chose to use this katana. We went back outside and discovered that Alexander had somehow thrown the freakish demon into the hole which it must have come from.
            “You guys! Get over here and help me put this thing back onto the hole!” Alexander yelled as he attempted to lift up the stone by himself with no luck.
            Ashleigh and I ran over to him and started choking from the horrid smell that was escaping from the hole. With the three of us lifting up the stone we were actually able to put it back onto the hole. We were all panting from the effort it took us to lift the stone up.
            We decided to go inside and think of a plan. We finally decided we would have a séance to see if we were able to communicate with these spirits Ashleigh had been talking about. Ashleigh didn’t want to do it, but I finally convinced her to let us try it even though she said these spirits were bad news.
             Ashleigh called up this girl named Cassandra, Cassie for short, who just happened to be a witch and supposedly had a knack for séances. Wesley had introduced the two because he believed slayers needed to know all kinds of people to be able to do her job efficiently.
            With Cassie’s help, we were actually able to contact a spirit named Damien, who said that there were thousands of souls like him who had been trapped in that hole and forced to be minions to the demons because they were able to go to the surface while the demons were not able to. He told us that when we opened the hole we had also opened a portal into the demon’s world and allowed the demon’s to escape. Since they were now able to come and go as they pleased they no longer needed the spirits. Sadly, Damien had possessed Alexander, so he had no clue what had happened during the séance.
            Damien told us that if we wanted to save the world we would need to help all of the spirits cross over to get rid of them and then we would have to kill all of the demons. After Damien left Alexander’s body he was able to cross over.
            Ashleigh called Riley on my cell phone and flipped out on him for making them open the hole and then she was angry with herself because she had convinced me that it wouldn’t hurt anything.
            Afterwards, Ashleigh, Cassandra, Riley, Alexander, and I all helped to kill the demons. I was even able to call a few of my friends from overseas to help us fight the demons. Ashleigh had tons of backup and millions of slayers to come and help, too. We were able to convince the vampires and slayers to call a truce until this huge fight was over.
            And so, we started our mission to save the world from an apocalypse…

© 2009 Lilith Driscol


Author's Note

Lilith Driscol
There shouldn't be any typos; if there are let me know. ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is pretty good, the beginning is a bit rushed, I think you should add some more descriptions there to lead into the story a little easier. I like this concept. Very nice writing, dear.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on August 18, 2009

Author

Lilith Driscol
Lilith Driscol

Long Island, NY



About
"It's always the quiet ones." This is apparently the story of my life...or so everyone else says. I'm really insane, but really only when I'm with my friends. Otherwise, I'm extremely quiet and most p.. more..

Writing