Blood and Fire

Blood and Fire

A Story by Sleeping Crow
"

A story about a devil who turned against his own kind for the heart of human woman he cared so much for.

"

There were dark times. A day in our age when we were overrun. Overrun...by devils. A wicked man sought out an incantation that would bring about the lower hells, which is what cause this pandemic to occur. As they ran amok, humans were brutally attacked. One by one. Day and night. There was no where to run. 

One day, their own kind had risen and turned against them. His name was too difficult to pronounce. Thus, he was dubbed Krow. For his appreance was similar to that of an archangel dressed in a corvus black with pale gray skin. Krow went against his fellow bretheren and his former master, Nox. The ruler of the lower hells. Krow was his favorite creation. However, Nox created Krow to blend in with humans in order to bring about the apocalypse. His creation was successful and perfect. However, Krow was too perfect. For Krow had a reason on why he turned against his brothers. 

While living amongst the humans, Nox's creation was starting to blend in too well and had fallen for a human female. Her name was Lucia. Her beauty was of that of the moonlight that fell from the stars above at night. While trying to complete his mission, he would be approached by Lucia everyday he arrived in her village. However, Krow was not to return to the lower hells without absolute confirmation for the ruling of mankind. For this reason, he would wonder aimlessly into the darkened forests hoping to find shelter. Lucia offered him shelter and peace. Often more than once, he would turn down her offer and would do best to avoid her, but to no avail. Eventually, he accepted her offer with slight hesitation. Lucia would spend everyday with Krow. She knew what he was and why he was there. It was as if she was blessed with a special gift to foretell the fate of others. She never left his sight and he vowed to protect her in return for her kindness. Eventually, the two fell in love and had decided to become one. 

When the time came for Krow's return, he was nowhere to be seen. Nox found this as the perfect opportunity to rise up and rule. Krow had felt a slight disturbance in his mind. The intense power he felt was enough to confirm that Nox’s rule would take place. Knowing this, Krow had to assemble an army fearless enough to fight alongside him in battle. However, only a short number of men had volunteered. Although outmatchedhe was not disappointed, but relieve to find that there were a few men who were brave enough to fight an army of devils. 

A flaming pit had opened in an open field not too far from the village. Krow took his men, who were less than armed, for battle and marched off to the plains. On the horizon, he saw a dark red figure in the distance. Knowing it was Nox, Krow marched forward to confront him. Nox then lead his army of devils to fight. Dubbed as the Tempest Sea, Nox’s army was equally matched by the small group of men that Krow had assembled to fight. With Krow fighting countless devils, he eventually made his way to their leader himself. Krow challenge Nox to deathly duel...Nox accepted. As the battle between father and son had begun, Nox was gloating as to how perfect his own creation had became. Just like when God had created Lucifer. The duel lasted for hours. Krow was weakening. Nox wanted to know the reason behind Krow’s betrayal. Krow obliged and told him. Nox was surprised to find that his own son had left the lower hells for a human being. Nox had stated that Lucia was his weakness. She showed him what it was like to have a heart and use it. With that in mind, Krow found the strength to recover and defeated Nox with one final blow to the chest area. Seeing this as an opportunity, Krow had used a mass amount of his own power to seal away Nox and his army.

He closed the portal to the lower hells with six mysterious seals. Five incantations and talisman seal. The stone was then broken into two halves to keep the power of the talisman from becoming active. Along with the five incantations, the talisman must be brought back together and fused with his sword to undo the demonic chains that kept the portal shut. Lucia appeared before him. Krow appeared before his betrothed and was relieved to find that no devil had taken her life. However, Lucia was wounded, but well enough to live. It was then that Krow had taken a solid oath to protect Lucia at any cost. He decided to stay in the human world to be with Lucia. However, the five incantations, which were written on a scroll page, was missing...Was this the last we saw of Nox and the Tempest Sea? 

Months passed. Days went by. Peace was established in the village. Krow and Lucia were living in harmony amongst the others. It was around this time that a strange person, by the name of Judas, had decided to seize the opportunity to revive what Krow had locked away, the Tempest Sea. Lucia was suspicious, however, of Judas For he did not seem human. He also carried a strange piece of paper rolled up in his hand. Lucia sensed that Judas was a demon and had found one of the lost incantations that Krow had scattered across the plains. He was plotting to release Nox and the Tempest Sea. Krow, who had a more humane appearance, had sensed some sort of darkness amongst them and was worried about Lucia. As time had went by and very little demons were appearing everywhere day by day. Krow lived up to his promise and eliminated his former brethren. However, he had not realized that Judas had been watching him since he sealed away Nox. More time had passed, the demons started appear a lot more than usual. 

Soon enough, Judas had risen the Tempest Sea. Krow had to make him pay. Although the Tempest Sea was free, Nox wasn't able to cross over to the human world. For Krow had cast a certain spell that would keep Nox trapped in the lower hells for as long as his own blood remained in the human world if not sacrificed. With the Tempest Sea set free, Krow stayed by Lucia's side at all times to assure her safety. However, unbeknownst to Krow, Lucia was dying. She was strickened with a fatal illness that had taken over her village for months. Very few people died from this illness. People Lucia had came into contact with. Krow had finally realized this and was also familiar with those who died from this illness. With the Tempest Sea running rapid, Krow had set out to free the world, once again, from the demonic tyranny that Judas had resurrected. Judas was wondering why the numbers in the Tempest Sea were decreasing. That's when Krow had appeared and confronted the madman. Furious, Judas and Krow had challenged each other to a duel to the death. Judas and Krow battled in an area just outside of modern society. The duel lasted for what seemed like an eternity. They fought and thrashed for hours. Clashing swords, spilling blood all across the plains. At the very instant the battle died down, Krow had pierced Judas’ heart. Krow had then preceded to decapitate the maniac. The battle was over and the Tempest Sea was banished to the lower hells for eternity. However, Krow had felt weak.

His body had seemed like it ceased function. With his last breath, he called out Lucia’s name. A young man by the name of Sora had witnessed the battle and rushed over to Krow's body. There, Krow gave Sora his final words to give to his betrothed. Yet, Lucia’s illness was growing worse. Her strength was fading. Over time, she was losing the ability to speak. Then, her hearing. In time, her pulse was no longer active. The people of the human realm buried the two together outside of the village where Lucia once lived and where Krow would visit daily. Time had passed, days went on, but the humans never forgot the sacrifice made by a devil that banished his own kinsmen. The young man, Sora, visits the graves, as he does quarterly, and pays his respects. He turns to see two figures, on the horizon, standing next to each other before they turn and vanish into nothingness. Sora will forever pass on the tale of how a devil turned against his own blood in the flames of hell for the sake of mankind.

© 2013 Sleeping Crow


Author's Note

Sleeping Crow
This is just a draft-introductory for a novel that I'm currently writing. Please don't be confused about how it's written. It just won't post properly. I apologize and I hope you can still read what I wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really cool. Writing fantasy novels or anything of the sort is really hard. But, I think you've got something pretty good going here. I can't give much advice yet, because I'm not for sure where you are headed with this, but I can tell it's going to be good. All I can say now is keep moving forward, use descriptive words, and don't let people change your opinion.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013
Tags: blood, fire, devils

Author

Sleeping Crow
Sleeping Crow

About
Hello, my friends. I am the Sleeping Crow. I am an anonymous writer with a style of my own in literature. I like to write mostly about fantasy, fiction, and romance...or any combination of the three, .. more..

Writing