A Colorless Canvas of Time

A Colorless Canvas of Time

A Poem by Sleeping Crow
"

A canvas that cannot be painted with, even my own blood where time can never show me the joyous prospects that life has to offer.

"
Time is of the essence of life and death.

For me, life is a colorless canvas that cannot be painted where time neither slows nor stops.


I ponder my head every night wonder about what I will find at the end of an ill-forgotten desert of a no man's land while dragging my restless soul across the heated plain. What will I find one I reach the end?


Time continues to move forward and gives me no opportunity to achieve greatness in my own right. It moves forward on and shows no signs of stopping for my sake as it does so for others. They get the change to live a full life, while my life is shortened with every movement of every second of every minute of every hour.


I live a life where love has yet to reach my heart or where my dreams are locked away, deep inside my soul. Never to see the light of the heavens, awaiting for the one deed they wish to perform.


I feel no pain, nor do I show fear of death while staring him in his soulless eyes.


My day continues onward with no hesitation of second thoughts as to what I would like to accomplish. Yet, I cannot find the opportunity to act on my own free will.


Is it because of time why I can never find the opportunity to live a full life? Is it because of this world of black and white why I can never find true love?


I will never know the experience of life.


I will never know the joy of love.


My world will forever be a colorless canvas of time.

© 2013 Sleeping Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on September 13, 2013
Last Updated on September 13, 2013
Tags: colorless, canvas, time

Author

Sleeping Crow
Sleeping Crow

About
Hello, my friends. I am the Sleeping Crow. I am an anonymous writer with a style of my own in literature. I like to write mostly about fantasy, fiction, and romance...or any combination of the three, .. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5