The Start of a New Beginning- Prologue

The Start of a New Beginning- Prologue

A Chapter by Animefreak12
"

Before and Prologue of A Start of a New Beginning.

"

The bare-footed girl assessed the landscape. The blood soaked ground was of no surprise to her. As she walked around the mangled corpses, a wavering hand grasped her ankle. In no time was her gun pointed at the assailant, a wooden bullet in its heart.

           

Opening an inside pocket in her black trench coat, she pulled out a small vile of clear liquid a let a single drop of it fall on every single body. After walking a yard or so away, she lit a cigarette and put it to her mouth. She inhaled, and then let out a thin puff of smoke. With a flick of her fingers, the cigarette was on the field of corpses and they were submerged in orange flames.

           

Walking away from the ever growing fire, she pulled the brim of her hat over her eyes, smirked, and disappeared into the shadows.

 

The Start of a New Beginning-

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. The small machine hooked up to the girl’s heart beeped rapidly, signaling a waking, panicked heart. She struggled against the metal bindings on her wrists and ankles, desperately trying to free herself. When she heard rapid footsteps nearing, she screamed loudly, struggling even more than before.

           

Doctors and nurses alike came rushing to her bedside, hands holding her shoulders down while a nurse put a hand on her upper arm, squeezing slightly. She had a syringe filled with red liquid in the other hand. The nurse nodded at a doctor and slipped the needle into the girls vulnerable flesh in the crease of her arm.

           

The girls muscles relaxed and her screaming and struggling stopped. A breath of relief escaped her lips and her obsidian eyes looked from doctor to doctor, nurse to nurse. “W-what..? Where..?” Her mind was everywhere at once, thinking of many different things at the same time.

           

If not for the girls keen hearing she wouldn’t have heard the soft footfalls of a dear friend approaching. “Sam? Is that you Sammy?” she croaked in a sleepy voice, waving a shaky hand to part the sea of hospital staff so she could take a look for herself.

           

A man with shaggy black hair and eyes as dark as the girls, took a doctors place at the side of her bed. He placed a chilly hand on her feverish face and his thumb stroked her cheek. “Yes, it’s me, Aya.” He murmured, staring at her familiar face and feeling relieved. He leaned over her and kissed her forehead gently. “I know you have but just awakened from your slumber, but you must tell me what caused you to fall into The Sleep so early, for my time of resting is almost upon me.”



© 2011 Animefreak12


Author's Note

Animefreak12
Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed the short Before and Prologue to this! Please let me know if I made any silly grammar/spelling mistakes! Please review with comments, concerns, and questions! Constructive criticism is welcomed, but nothing too harsh please! Thank you, thank you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 30, 2011
Tags: vampires, vampire hunters, love, mystery, horror


Author

Animefreak12
Animefreak12

Small town, FL



About
Well, to be completely frank, I'm not really the interesting of a person. I write and listen to music to get away from drama in the real world. You'll find I'm extremely in love with Anime, Harry Pot.. more..

Writing