Flower of Hope

Flower of Hope

A Chapter by Smokey

Long ago on a faraway island there lives a tale. A tale of adventure, action, and romance. It is the story of the past and the future. It is the story of pirates and a princess. The island was covered with precious jewels, forbidden fruit and the most exotic animals. It was called Praleya, named after the glorious morning dew and the beautiful midnight stars. 

 On this island there was a beautiful queen who ruled the land bringing peace and supporting all the people. She had never truly been looking for a husband she felt she was enough to rule the island on her own. Many suitors had visited telling her how they could help and change her island for the better. All including destroying the current wildlife and training the people to form an army. Each man was turned down and right before the queen gave up she caught sight of a man rowing towards her island. She had only seen huge ships from the suitors therefore she was curious who this man was. He had golden hair and eyes that shone orange like a sunrise. He didn’t speak often but he showed her he cared. He gave her flowers freshly cut and not damaging to the plant. They fell in a passionate love instantly. 

Soon the queen was pregnant and the whole island rejoiced. Rumors went around betting it would be a boy, brave and strong like his father. Others bet it would be a beautiful girl, gracious and elegant like her mother. The island was always exciting since. When the first kicks came all the people came and rubbed her stomach in order to feel there new royal. The mother gave birth to the baby on a cold November eve. She smiled at the little thing and held it in her arms. It was a baby girl. Everybody ran to the palace in order to see the precious little girl. The queen was muttering small loving phrases to her daughter who merely giggled at her mother’s voice. Laelynn is what she was named. It means the flower of hope. She was the hope and joy of the island. 

As she grew up she was just as brave as her father and a gracious as her mother. She ran around the island finding every nook and cranny there was. Giggling with the villagers at the ports and bars. Her mother always chasing behind her telling her she needs to be more proper and her father laughing heartily in the background. This continued until the girl reached her 16 birthday which is when it all changed. Her mother was down by the flower shop talking to her friend Meliar. They were laughing observed Laelynn. “Lae stop spying on your mother” she heard her father call out.

“I was certain you wouldn’t find me on the roof” was he only reply. Her father merely looked down at her disapprovingly. Laelynn rolled her eyes and jumped down onto the balcony her father stood on. He eyed her cautiously asking "you do remember today is your coming of age. This is when you will be able to make decisions just like your mother.
"Of coarse father"
"You also remember you aren't allowed to leave until after the ceremony?"
"Yes father, I'm not a child anymore. Stop watching my back." She tried to say in an angry tone but she knew there was nobody who could keep the grin forming on her face. She began skipping and cartwheeling down the halls. Her father followed suit he knew why she was overjoyed. She would be able to leave the island after the ceremony. Nobody knew what was coming for them though. A storm was approaching that would throw the whole island off axis.


© 2015 Smokey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015


Author

Smokey
Smokey

GA



About
About me well... I love reading and watching murder mysteries currently I'm really into Sherlock and Miss Fisher :D I really love music I have a huge music range!!!!!!!! I love to write. I might .. more..

Writing
Dress me Dress me

A Poem by Smokey


The Match The Match

A Story by Smokey