Pillow Fight

Pillow Fight

A Story by Becca
"

Imagination and Mind...we win !

"

 

What is all that hullabaloo!

It's just me.

Again? I shoulda known! What is the matter with you!

Nothing.

Do you think this is funny?

Yes? No? Umm...Maybe?

Now what kind of scatter brained answer is that!

You're so mean.

Oh... I'm the mean one? Every time I crawl into bed, you assume it's show time!

Stop crashing those delicate story symbols together!

I like symbols... so do you. At least that's what you said. You lying?

No! I wasn't lying you twisted little noisemaker.

Then what's the problem?  A noisemaker? Such warmth...such unconditional love.

What's my problem! It is 2 am for cryin out loud! I have things to do tomorrow plus somebody has to live in the real world.

Yeah...what's your point?

You are impossible! I just told you!

Humm...so I can only perform when you say so.

Yeah...that would be nice.

It doesn't work like that.

Hah! what are you saying? You don't think for one second I am going to allow you to march around unrestrained any time you feel like it!

Well what am I supposed to do? You never seem to have any time for me!

For God's sake! You expect me to devote every waking hour to your performances. How am I supposed to do that! Believe it or not I have other interests.

Did it ever occur to you, that's why I show up in the wee hours? It's the only time I might get your undivided attention!

Now wait a minute! How much attention are you demanding! I've become a hostage in your kaleidoscope circus! Sure it is fun...but even fun has its limits!

Does it really? Geez I'm sorry... It's just that you always find excuses to avoid my show. Look at the countless unanswered invitations!

I am not avoiding you! What's with your guilt trips. You almost caused a car wreck! There is a time and place for everything. You are an unruly child!

Ok..Ok... I admit that was a little overboard with the car incident. If you would quit running away, maybe I wouldn't be quite so demanding.

Why wouldn't I run! I never get a minute of peace.

If you run...I will chase you.

Are you threatening me! You swirl with never ending imagery, sounds, colors, words, and even smells! Slow down!

That's what makes me who I am! I have a job too ya know. What if I died... then how would you feel?

YOU are a workaholic! At the speed you are reaching... you are gonna snuff us both. That's pretty silly don't ya think?

You didn't answer my question...and NO...I am not going to snuff us out... wanna compromise?

Sure... Anything to shut you up for a while.

How sweet...nevermind. I was going to propose to ease up on you as long as you let me do the writing. We will both feel a lot better.

Oh alright... I will ...as long as you time yourself properly!

Whew!..Agreed?

Agreed!

Rest well...Mind.

Sweet Dreams...Imagination.

Psst...I'd be lost without ya.

I know...

You just have to have the last word!

Yep... I do the writing now... remember ?

 

© 2008 Becca


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was the most imaginitive conversation i've read in a while. i didn't think it was a mind agruing with itself until the end, but once i got it I read it again and it all made so much sense! very nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so imaginative and sweet. I really enjoyed reading this. It was light, whimsical, and way too true. Excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The writing is clever, but you could do more to show your reader what was going on. It's a bit confusing to read, so even though the writing style is catching and draws the reader in, it leaves the reader somewhat stunned and feeling like they've got to take another go at reading it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is extraordinary clever! I wrote something like this in April of '07 in my black notebook, but it was two other parts of the mind arguing. I love how you make it seem like two people arguing and bring it into focus slowly... It takes alot of patience to pull that string! Terrific!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent! I also suffer from 'pillow fight'...I love this line 'I wasn't lying you twisted little noisemaker.'

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uh-oh, I feel as though my head was caught between the two...cheering it on!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol When they work together both win, when they're fighting no one wins! They can however be trained to get a long. Very funny story/reality. Thanks

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 4, 2008
Last Updated on June 18, 2008

Author

Becca
Becca

PA



About
Back to writing after 8 years. more..

Writing
Closure Closure

A Story by Becca


Surrender Surrender

A Poem by Becca



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wishing Wishing

A Poem by free2bee