Writer's Block

Writer's Block

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

I am lost without inspiration; I cannot think, my thoughts are empty. A sudden expectation of words I cannot see.

"

Writer's Block
By: Adam M. Snow

 

I am lost without inspiration;
I cannot think, my thoughts are empty.
A sudden expectation
of words I cannot see.

 

I try that I must but I cannot write;
the ink in my hand, an outspoken sanity.
No inspiration, not of the night;
I am lost to insanity.

 

http://amsnow.webstarts.com

© 2012 Adam M. Snow


Author's Note

Adam M. Snow
I cannot think of what to write, I guess I've been stricken with writer's block

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, you've just wrote the perfect poem for writers block, not even I could do that with my won writers block. I tip my hat to you good man for capturing such a feeling that many have felt from one time to another as there is such dificulty to capture such a feeling; well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you



Reviews

Writersblock became the writers inspiration:) Well done!
God Bless
~Mickey

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

No problem
Wow, you've just wrote the perfect poem for writers block, not even I could do that with my won writers block. I tip my hat to you good man for capturing such a feeling that many have felt from one time to another as there is such dificulty to capture such a feeling; well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I am in the same boat!!! Hate this dry spell, not writing seems to make me feel like I am on my way to the asylum lol..nice expression to how you feel during your time of not being able to grab hold of your muse... just dont over think it, your muse will awake soon you'll see.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ah yes, every writer's greatest enemy...Writer's Block. I remember it well. This is a good piece. Short, simple, and to the point. Do you think that in writing it you've taken a small step towards overcoming the foe of authors across the world? If not, I offer a few suggestions.

Read a book, whether an old favorite or one newly discovered. The same goes for stand alone stories in this site and poetry. If not that, you could look at a picture or a painting. Watch a movie, listen to music, stare at the sky. Any of these could spark your imagination and give rise to a new story or poem. Artists feed off of each other, works from one source often giving rise to countless pieces of similar or differing style and content.

I myself have written a poem about the absence of my Muse. Maybe you should write something in the vein of having a conversation with your muse. That's how I broke free from writer's block a while back. My poem "To Die" is the result of that conversation. Whatever you decide to do though, I wish you luck in conquering our mutual enemy.

Have a good one and be well.

-Caradoc

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well for having writer's block you whipped out a very well worded poem! This expresses beautifully the frustration! Wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aye! Know the feeling well. You really feel the need, but cannot for the life of you find the words even if the inspiration hits. Looks as if you worked it out, though. ;-)

Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Writer's Block, we all get it from time to time and you have expressed it very well. Great poem. I say when you cannot write, read or edit old work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


When I can't read. I listen to Cohen, Dylan and Neil Young. I read the master Poet's of my collection. Give me the energy to write. I understand this poem. Hard to release thoughts on to the sheet of paper. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm stuck in writers block as well.. been almost a year since last time i wrote. Your poem reflects my thoughts perfectly.. well done. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1366 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012
Tags: night, death, nature, family, friend, love, romance, world, earth, beauty, blind, dark, poetry, prose, short, dream, fantasy, snow, stars, broken, time, haiku, lyrics, faith, hope, twilight, ghost, pain, new, epic, fanfict, sonnet

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RIP RIP

A Poem by afra


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan