Standing on the Edge

Standing on the Edge

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

There's a time in life, where we face our strife; on the edge, on the brink, a beating heart with ev'ry blink

"

Standing on the Edge
Written by Adam M. Snow

There's a time in life,
where we face our strife;
on the edge, on the brink,
a beating heart with ev'ry blink
of an eye. We stand
taunting fate's hand;
off the cliff we jump.

© 2017 Adam M. Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one reminds me of those moments of great indecision that we must face and choose.

Posted 6 Years Ago


One of the most famous times in the Irish Peace Process was symbolised by the leaders of both sides 'jumping together' - leap of faith if you will.
They did eventually jump and brought 99% of the warring populations with them.
This reminded me of that not too distant impasse.

Posted 6 Years Ago


We all stand on that edge in life at some point. The idea of looking over the edge and seeing a long drop petrifies almost anyone who sees it. It scares even the most admired of us. But I would rather jump than let whatever is behind me get the best of me people can fly. We must only jump to see if we have wings. Thank you friend of friends for the great writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You are right my friend. Jump or fight. is the decision sometimes. Nice use of words and thoughts my friend. Thank you Adam for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


I have to admit that I reread this three times, the first I felt you had hidden something between the lines. The seconded time I read it I had the feeling you were sending a message to someone you didn't want to name. The last time I read it I realized the message is both personal and existential, for me, you and everyone who reads it. I think I shall find something today and take fates hand and dare to jump over my doubts, my fears, and take a chance on me :~) Very strong message I hope everyone gets and learns from it, well done my friend Bravo! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 6 Years Ago


It sounds like stepping out on faith to me. But if we have faith it can be a good foundation in which to place our trust. I think many more a dream would come to fruition with just one someone to believe in it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


sounds like some soul searching

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2210 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017
Tags: night, death, nature, family, friend, love, romance, world, earth, beauty, blind, dark, poetry, prose, short, dream, fantasy, snow, stars, broken, time, haiku, lyrics, faith, hope, twilight, ghost, pain, new, epic, fanfict, sonnet

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Windy Windy

A Story by Samuel Dickens