King of Flawed Reason

King of Flawed Reason

A Poem by Chase Dylan
"

Imperfection...

"
Festering molestation of achin'...
I'm separated by my own demons, my own feelings leapt alive with meanin'...
I'm crowning myself king of flawed reason...
For the reason I stand alone most the time...
Is I'm not feeling very grown at the time...
Like a seed with no warmth, a man outta lines, my rhymes are not good enough...
I stow it under and keep grumblin', actin' tough, mining away and wondering if it will ever be true...
Will I follow a shining path or break hollow and used...
Blasted by traces of iced gas, leaving me numb and bruised...
A rats uncle I'm stuffy and masked, you are sultry and out of grasp...
So I gasp and raise myself above the bar, I raise my own bar...
The imperfection flawed is tar that stops and harms...
Will I garner enough force to engulf mars...
Or will I fall hard and overwhelmed...
Just scars...

© 2017 Chase Dylan


Author's Note

Chase Dylan
Sometimes depression is crippling... Hope everyone reading this remembers they are not alone in the fight... Keep living day-to-day, and know you are valued... Have a good one

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so abstract, and so beautiful, just as always. I specially love the lines,

"The imperfection flawed is tar that stops and harms...
Will I garner enough force to engulf mars...
Or will I fall hard and overwhelmed...
Just scars..."

Just so beautiful.

Love,
Vasilees

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

As always, a beautiful review, Vasilees, thank you, and am glad you enjoyed



Reviews

This is it exactly. The black dog to a T. Or at least for me. I can really empathise with this. We both know that depression is not just feeling down or being in a bad mood. It is a crippling condition that ruins lives. I feel I must thankyou for this Robert.

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

1 Month Ago

Thank you very much, Ken, I appreciate the time spent conveying relatability to what I have written... read more
Did you just type out the silhouette pattern for one of those space invaders creatures from the 1978 console video game and inadvertently discover the theory of everything? OOOOOOOOOOOOOH never mind i just needed to clean my glasses. Chances are you did fall again cause just when you thought you have reached your absolute zero toleration space left... you fall! Land flat on your face release a gigantic mind fart literally the gas is expelled from the mind and out of your nose and ears leaving you no chance to avoid the stench whatsoever! Gives you just a... terribly, annoying headache too. But low and beholding the cycle begins afresh:) P.S. I have been told if you ingest a decent quantity of Sen Sen before said miasma release occurs you can alleviate some of the noxious.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

1 Month Ago

4 years too late, but upon reading this...
I can not say it was not worth the wait...
.. read more
Robert Trakofler

1 Month Ago

I wrote this before i died the first time glad to see your still here ish
Chase Dylan

1 Month Ago

Then I re-read it the second time I was reincarnated, gotta say, not impressed...
Hah, glad t.. read more
I think your excellent rhymes are more than enough of a reason not to doubt yourself. As for depression, and not feeling good enough, I understand the feeling. If I can’t write, I feel useless. I’m really depressed, and haven’t seen friends in months. I only leave the house to exercise. And when I can’t write I feel worthless. I’ve gotten so hungry for it that I’ve pushed back collabs because I feel the need to be solitary.

But look at all the people here. You inspired them. Me and several hundred others. Isn’t that a success story?

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

1 Month Ago

I appreciate it, R.J...
It is 4 years late but I appreciate the time and encouragement offer.. read more
Indeed depression is like caving. The deeper you go the narrower it gets. You have captured those feelings in a 'rap' of a poetic offering filled with salutary meaning.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, John
Avoid the cave walls, that is all, aha
I think you are perfect at wearing the crown of flawed reason. Depression plays on our insecurities and can reduce us from being a lion to a mouse. It can do it quickly as well. All those bloomin negatives can play havoc. You can go down hill fast, but it takes alot longer to climb back up. That's where your lines took me Silente.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

D'aw.... Tank'z, Chris...
I enjoyed where my lines took you more than I enjoy my lines at thi.. read more
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Never been fond of the limelight. You can keep the crown and the jewels. They ain't me :)
Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

IKR... But, you see... The crown chooses the owner... Not I...
King of flawed reason was perfect in it's imperfection, your rhymes are banging, great poem

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, Gram
Bang up insight, imperfect within perfection within... Etc... Good eye!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Do
a great write!! everyone is imperfectly perfect and flawlessly flawed.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Sorry it has taken a minute to reply! Been away for a while. So true, my friend
Again you show why you are a poetry badass. This is a great piece, words you don't always see in poetry are not only used here, but you can't imagine the piece without them. Great job on another fine piece.
-Richard

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Sorry it has taken a minute to reply! Been away for a while. I love your compliments.. read more
excellent flow, word choices and expression...I really enjoyed this read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Sorry it has taken a minute to reply! Been away for a while.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2769 Views
66 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017

Author

Chase Dylan
Chase Dylan

Denver, CO



About
Words have me, but I never seem to have words. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..