My Shoulder

My Shoulder

A Story by Brooklyn

Poems can say a lot, but sometimes things need to be told directly.
Sometimes things hit you so hard and you don't want to get back up. Don't you get tired of all the things pushing you down. The guilt, the pain, the aching, and everything just seems so..... black.
You thought there was no more point in getting back up. Your brain was telling you to stay down, surrender, give up, let the cold, dark water drown you.
Sometimes the pain in you gets so bad, it's like a knife twisting and turning in your heart. Sometimes YOU want a shoulder to lean on. A comforting embrace, anything to keep you warm and safe.
But there was none.
The cold, dark waters that seem to rise higher and higher and higher.
Does the cold, dark water seem so inviting. Telling you to give it up. There was no point anymore. Let the water swallow you whole.
There was no other shoulder to lean on, so you turn to the water. The cold, dark water.
The more lies they feed you, the more pain they cause you, the more they push you down, the higher the water gets.
Soon you're drowning. You don't fight or struggle, you embrace it. You let the water take you.
But do you see my hand.
Hold onto my hand and fight the water.
Come to me and lean on my shoulder.
As long as you will be my shoulder.

© 2017 Brooklyn


Author's Note

Brooklyn
I think the shoulder you need is right next to you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is very generous of you to lend your shoulders to those who are drowning. It really takes a lot of guts even to lend a helping hand and you just did it through your magical words. I wish I was the shoulder but its always me on the drowning side.
A very genuine story with a priceless message. Thank you for sharing. You nailed it:):):)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017

Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

Fayetteville, NC



About
I am very creative, music loving, and lazy. But I love to read and write.😀😀 more..

Writing
Yourself Yourself

A Chapter by Brooklyn


Please Please

A Chapter by Brooklyn