Up In Flames  (Chapter one)

Up In Flames (Chapter one)

A Story by Snow
"

You know when one minute you get off work and the next thing you know you're in a dungeon with a crazy Vampire trying to kill you? No? Well, let me tell you it really puts a damper on your weekend...

"




Note: ***May seem like a cliche but  I promise you it's not you read it till the end! lol***

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shimmering light from the full moon overhead barely reached the abandoned alleyway as Kila made her way towards her car. She always hated being the last one out at work, leaving her to drudge her way alone in the dark. It's not as if she was a sheltered princess by any stretch of the imagination, but she was still a smaller-framed, white girl, walking alone in a bad area--just not a very good combination! A loud smash of a trashcan echoed behind her, making her spin quickly, whipping her pocket knife out in the process. Kila had never considered herself paranoid, but she always had some sort of protection just in case. Cursing the broken street light, she squinted in an attempt to see what had caused the trashcan to fall over. Relaxing her shoulders, she let out a small chuckle at herself for being so jumpy.

"Those damn hairless rats," came a smooth English accent out of the darkness, "They always cause quite the racket, don't they?"

Before she could say a word, another voice came from directly behind her. "Ah yes, but this one won't cause a racket, now will she?" it teased, breath making the hair on the back of her neck stand up straight. "'Because she knows that if she screams, she'll be hurt more than she's already going to be, doesn't she?"

Her hand started to tremble but held tight to the knife. Come on Kila pull yourself together! She couldn't see the first man, but she knew the second was within arm's reach. If she was going down, then damn it, someone was at least going to get hurt in the process! Quick as she could, she swung her arm towards the stranger behind her, feeling the knife sink into thick muscle. It took her a moment- after being super proud that she did, in fact, hit him- to realize that she wasn't hearing a scream of pain, but instead, laughter.

"Ha! Denis, look at this! Kitty's got claws." He grabbed the very confused girl and spun her around so her face was inches from his, causing her to let go of the knife still buried in his arm. With two fingers, he pulled her pocket knife out like it was a little toothpick. "Small claws, apparently," he chuckled, flicking it to the side of the alley.

His breath had a strong metallic smell, mixed with liquor that made her scrunch her nose at first, but she knew his breath was the least of her problems right now. The man's deep blue eyes were almost glowing in the moonlight, flawlessly pale skin, contrasting against his dark hair and clothes. The grip on her arms was so strong for such an average sized guy! Where is he hiding all his muscles?? she thought as she struggled to pull away from him, but her athletically built body was nothing in comparison to this man.

"Oh, no you don't, you little b***h." The man growled before punching her so hard she hit the wall across the alley. A bit delayed, her eyes shot open as the pain in her chest finally registered. Having the wind knocked out of you kind of gives you an excuse to not quite put two and two together for a minute. Each attempt to suck in precious oxygen, caused her chest to hurt even more.

"F*****g A, Sean! Must you always punch your food?" Barked the other man, that she assumed was Denis, as he finally stepped into the light beside Sean.

"Yes, I do, matter of fact..." Sean bluntly stated while popping his knuckles, "tenderizes the meat, I like to think."

Food? Meat? Who the f**k are these guys and why am I on the menu?! Looking up she saw that they were just far enough across the alley that she might have a chance to escape. If she ran now, she might be able to make it to her car! Three years of track don't fail me now! Without wasting time thinking it through, she bolted from the wall - only to run into Sean's chest a few feet from where she was. Her brain just couldn't understand it, he had to be at least a hundred feet away exactly one second ago! How did he not only catch up to her but pass her without even seeing him?

"Oh, you dumb, dumb thing," Sean cooed sarcastically as his hand clenched around her throat. "You thought you could run away that easy? Well, we will just have to fix that, now won't we?" Lifting her up by her throat, he pinned her body to the wall before kicking her leg. The pain was so intense she couldn't even scream as the sound of her bones crushing rang throughout the alley. She felt the blood running down her leg, pooling on the ground below. "Mmm, I love the smell of their blood when they're scared." He hummed, closing his eyes to inhale deeply. When his eyes opened again, they were glowing bright emerald green.

Kila's eyes started to roll back as she struggled to deal with lack of oxygen and searing pain from her leg. Though even in her delirious state, she had concluded whatever these things were, they weren't human. She blinked the tears away just in time to see Sean's leg heading for her other leg, crushing it just below the kneecap. Her whole body shook as shock began to set in. Within a matter of seconds, her eyes rolled back and she lost consciousness.

"Damn it, Sean! Now we have to have fast food before she bloody dies on us!" His eyes glowing green as well.

"Don't get your knickers in a bunch, you bloody tightwad. The b***h will be just fine." Sean rolled his eyes and brought his wrist to his open mouth, where pearly white fangs sank into his wrist. The blood started to pour from the self-inflicted wound as he pushed it to her mouth, dripping past her lips and down her throat. Only a small amount was ingested, but it was enough to start the healing process on her broken legs. Sean saw the blood flowing from her legs begin to slow down and grinned. "See, I told you she would be just fine. Now just give the little tramp a second to wake up and then we can have dinner and show." He laughed, letting her body drop to the ground as he turned to face his annoyed friend.

"You're always such a bonehead, you know that?" Denis snapped. "You've caused us to be out in the open longer than needed, there will now be blood evidence here... I mean, do you ever stop to think for one second before doing something stupid?"

"Well, soooooorry!" Sean snarled sarcastically. "I like to work up my appetite and not just dine and dash!"

Denis rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Whatever, let's just feed and take the little bit home with us and you can play all you want with her there. We can hand her to the boss after. Okay?"

Sean growled and threw his arms up in the air, turning around towards her, "Fine, fi--" His words were cut short when he saw the girl standing in front of him. Her legs clearly weren't healed enough to be standing, not even close. Bone fragments were jutting out from the pale, blood-crusted skin, bent in many twisted angles. Her purple-red hair was matted from sweat and was hanging in front of her face. "What the..." Sean whispered to himself as he took a step forward but then shook his head. "Listen you, don't try another funny stunt like running again or next time I won't heal you and just let you bleed out. You got it?"

A silk-smooth laugh permeated the space around them; it sounded like a thousand voices synchronizing perfectly but also seemed to be coming from everywhere. Both men took a step back, looking around to find the source of the strange laughter before their eyes settled on her. She threw her head back laughing harder before suddenly stopping, snapping her head back and glaring at the two vamps in the darkness, eyes as red as a burning flame. "Oh, honey, trust me." The voice sang. "I'm not running anywhere, but you on the other hand..." She took a step forward, the sound of her bones realigning and scraping together was enough to make even them cringe. "you're going to wish that you would've run from me when you had the chance."

"Oh yeah? Well, we'll see about that! "Sean snapped as he swung his fist towards her face. With a flick of her wrist, she sent him flying into the brick wall of the alleyway, leaving a decent sized dent. Denis charged towards her, but she was behind him before he could even blink, floating inches off the ground with her arm around his throat.

"Why don't we give those so-called hairless rats a little treat, shall we?" She whispered in his ear. Then, with one fluid motion, she snapped his head off and tossed it towards the sewer opening, letting the body fall to a heap on the ground. She then floated over to where she had left Sean. "Oh, but you, you wanted dinner AND a show. Let's see what we can do for you, pet!"

He didn't have a chance to even stand before those ruby eyes were inches from his. She grabbed his arms and ripped them both off, relishing in the pain and fear she could read in his eyes. Sean began to scream when his own arm was shoved into his mouth, muffling the sounds. After a moment, he began choking from the blood spilling down his throat, stray drops dripping down his chin. She giggled a twisted little laugh before taking a bite out of the other arm and tossing it aside. "Well now," she hummed, wiping off her face with her arm, smearing the blood on her cheeks, "That takes care of dinner. Now for the entertainment!"

She grabbed his head between her hands and smiled before closing her eyes. Sean was struggling to get away, but her hands wouldn't budge. He closed his eyes waiting for something to happen, but it never did. Confused, he opens one eye.

"We have a winner!" She screamed before digging her finger into his eye socket, pulling it out from his skull but making sure to leave the optical nerve intact so he would be able to see from it. She giggled hysterically over his screams, holding his eye so it was facing her. "People always fall for that! I'm not going to kill you just like that! I made a promise of dinner and a show, and I always keep my word!" She pointed his eye down towards his body and placed her hand on his leg.

Sean would've suffocated from the amount of blood pouring into his mouth if he needed air to live, and the pain radiating through his skull was like nothing he had ever felt before. He could see this blood-soaked woman and himself lying on the ground next to her. When she touched his leg and he felt nothing at first, he was wary that it was another trick. Then, he noticed a heat blooming in his leg, that grew until it felt like his leg was on fire, though he could see that it wasn't. He bit into the dismembered arm as the pain grew hotter and hotter, until his leg exploded from inside, splattering both of them in blood.

She squealed happily and bounced slightly on her knees. "OH!! Replay!!" With a tilt of her hand, she angled the eye to the other leg and repeated the same process, causing a new explosion. Again, and again with various parts of his body, blood was sent everywhere in the alleyway, until Sean was finally dead. She pouted and smacked his face a few times to see if he had just been knocked unconscious. "Huff, I guess the fun is over..."

She stood up, dusted some of the dirt from her jeans, and headed towards the car when the glow in her eyes started to fade. Her heart rate slowed and her vision became blurred. "Damn it, not again..." She growled before everything went black and she fell to the ground.

After a few moments, Kila opened her eyes, which were no longer glowing red, and slowly sat up. Looking down she saw the blood soaking her clothes and screamed. She began trying to wipe it off when she caught sight of the scattered remains of the men who had attacked her. "What is going on..." she whispered to herself, closing her eyes, holding her hands against her head rocking back and forth. Suddenly something hit her in the back of the head, knocking her unconscious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I hope you all liked this. This is my very first time posting any of my work. So if you have any suggestions or thoughts I would love to hear them! <3 Here is to hoping there is more to come! 

© 2018 Snow


Author's Note

Snow
I've never used this website before and this is the first time I'm posing my work! Would love to get reviews so I can make the best story possible!! Thank you all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on September 19, 2018
Last Updated on September 19, 2018

Author

Snow
Snow

OH



About
I am a new writer and I'm looking to get better and make the best writings possible! more..

Writing