Up in Flames (Chapter Two)

Up in Flames (Chapter Two)

A Story by Snow

The throbbing feeling in her head was the first thing she noticed when she woke up �" but when you get knocked out about three times in an hour, it's to be expected your head might hurt a little. She went to rub her temple when she heard a soft clank of the metal cuffs hooking her to a cement wall.

"You're finally awake, I see." Said a smooth, deep voice from the corner of the cell.

She glanced over and saw glowing green eyes staring at her.

"Oh, freaking great..." she muttered, letting her head fall back down. The man stood up and walked towards her, his steps so graceful they barely rustled his shoulder-length, chestnut hair. Once he was in front of her, she could fully take in just how massive this man truly was. His broad muscular shoulders, almost double her frame, were dressed in a nice suit with just a patch of his pale skin peeking out from the collar. Straining her neck, she looked down and saw his long, large legs- as well as her own.

Her head snapped up, confusion contorting her face "How did you fix them?!"

The man raised his brow before looking down as well. "Fix what?" He wasn't used to the captives asking questions- usually, they were screaming answers to his.

"My legs! Your friend smashed them both." She growled, shooting him a glare.

The man scoffed, "First, those vile creatures were not my friends. Second, the one gave you some of his blood, which healed you." His voice took on a darker tone as he continued, "Third, time to answer some of my questions �" understood? What's your name?"

Her face went pale, "He gave me his what? ...blood? Holy s**t... "her voice trailed off as she held back a gag. The man's hand flew up to her face, holding her chin harshly.

"I said, what is your name?!" He stared at her intently as if sorting through something. "Ku..ki..Kila?" Her eyes widening told him he was correct. "Great. Well, Kila, now answer me this: What are you?"

Her lip started to tremble under his fingers, "Wh...what do you mean, what am I? I'm human! What the hell are you?! Why did I get fed blood? How did you know my name?" A hard smack across her face stopped her questions.

His emerald eyes looked harsher than ever and snarl passed his lips. "Do. Not. Lie. To me. In case you'd failed to realize you're now the prisoner of Dante Von Tepesh so I will figure out everything about you," he smirked flashing his fangs, "even if I have to torture ever word out of those lying lips" He had seen the way she had torn those vamps apart. She was most definitely not human- that much he knew. What he didn't understand was why his mind reading was only picking up scattered thoughts here and there. Ever since he'd became a vampire, he had been able to read the minds of everyone and everything he passed. Not once has he had a problem, and yet with her, it's like wading through thick mud.

Tears slid down Kila's cheek, her whole body shaking from head to toe. "I already told you! I'm human!"

"Human?!" He barked, "Do you truly expect me to believe that a human could rip the head off someone with a flick of her wrists? Or make a vampire's leg f*****g explode with a single touch?!" He was an inch from her face, tracing over every micro-expression she made.

"What are you talking about!? I didn't do anything! Those f*****g things attacked me on my way out from work. Then he crushed my legs, I passed out and woke up in a f*****g dungeon!"

Kila flinched as the large man's fist smashed into the concrete, carving a large indent into the once smooth stone. He knew what he saw back there. He watched her destroy those two men without barely touching them. Between the thoughts that he could hear and her hardened expression, he was almost sure she was telling the truth. Having the specialty of telepathy, he prided himself on knowing when someone was lying. "That's it," he growled, lowering himself down to her level. He heard of an extremely select few humans who were unable to be charmed by vampires unless they were bitten, so maybe mind reading was the same.

His fingers wrapped through her hair, roughly pulling her head to the side exposing her pale neck. Despite Kila fighting back with every ounce of remaining energy, but his massive body held her in place. "What are you doing?" She cried helplessly. "Please don't! I'm telling you I'm just a regular girl!" She watched his mouth opened, two sharp fangs extending. He hesitated for a moment before latching on to her throat. She opened her mouth to scream but a high-pitched moan escaped instead, catching her off guard. Liquid heat radiated throughout her body with every beat of her heart, making her breath hitch in her lungs. Her back arched as she leaned in closer.

He could have made the bite excruciatingly painful, but some small part of him decided against it. Her body pressed against his as her blood spilled over his tongue, filling his mouth with the taste of herbs and honey- it was actually quite intoxicating. After taking a few more draws from her throat, he pulled away from her. His eye caught a glimpse of a crimson bead trailing down the smooth curve of her pale breast.

A moment passed when Kila's face flooded with the color of red roses. She sank back into the concrete. What the f**k was that?! She screamed internally.

A smirk graced the blood-stained lips of the fanged man in front of her. "That was me biting you, Kila." Looks like it was easier to read her mind after tasting her. His mind felt hers' cracking open, her thoughts flooding his own. "Now let's try this again. What are you?" Again, she answered human, her thoughts echoed the same response. His fists clenched as his face twisted into a devilish smirk. "You're well trained I see. I'll break you, eventually. I always do."

Kila tensed as she felt his rough fingers touch her waist until then she hadn't noticed her shirt had been ripped and torn leaving most of her stomach exposed. His almost glowing green eyes were fixed on her baby blue ones, "Hmm, considering you've already had your legs injured once, I suppose I could be nice and go for your arms this time." His hand slowly moved up her quivering body until it reached her chained up arm. "I'll ask you, yet again. What are you?"

"You already know my answer, so you might as well go ahead and do whatever you're going to do!" She snapped, closing her eyes tightly, bracing for the pain.

She heard his sick chuckle, "My pleasure." He slid his hand further up her arm to her wrists before squeezing to break the bones. As soon as he did, her whole hand was crushed into a bloody putty that dripped from his fingers. Her agonizing screams pierced his ears as he ripped his hand away from hers. He had only meant to break her bones- not once has he ever lost control of his strength before. He turned around quickly and saw one of the wooden posts that he used many times in interrogation. On top of mind reading, his other skill was pyrokinesis; he snapped his fingers, planning to start a small fire at the base of the pole- something he's done a million times or more. The flame that was conjured was bright blue and consumed the whole pole, melting it to nothing before he could even snap to send it away.

The man quickly ripped the phone out of his pocket. The phone only rang one time before an Egyptian voice was on the other line. "Alaric. My house. As soon as possible." Without even waiting for a reply, he slammed the cell shut and in the blink of an eye had his hands were around Kila's throat. "What have you done?! You only get one shot to answer this time or the same thing will happen to your other hand!"

He watched as her whole body slumped against the restraints her eyes filled with tears. He could hear the swirl of profanities coursing through her thoughts. "If you're that afraid of me then why don't you just f*****g kill me already?!" She barked, her voice cracking from pain. "You're obviously strong enough!"

"Wrong answer." He grabbed her other hand and crushed it. The lack of control over his own strength was irritating him, it was like being a new vampire all over again. He watched her scream and thrash out at him, blood soaking the wall and pooling at the floor. Dante was just about to question her again when her whole body went still as she fell unconscious. "Oh, no you don't!" He placed his wrist in his mouth, sinking his teeth into his hard flesh allowing a crimson stream to flow. He placed his wrist to her mouth, but only about one gulp slid down before he was met with a pair of glowing red eyes.

He had heard that red eyes were the sign of a demon, but she lacked the sulfur smell and her eyes seemed to be lined with gold. Immediately he jumped back, putting a large amount of distance between them.

She looked from one hand to the other. "Huff. You smashed my hands." With hardly any effort she ripped the restraints out of the concrete wall. Dante's eyes shot open and his mouth almost dropped- no vampire, no matter how strong they were, has ever been able to pull those restraints out. They were enforced with silver and anchors but she just ripped them off like they were paper handcuffs. Who was this woman? "That wasn't very nice at all." Every time she spoke it sounded like an army of voices speaking as one making it hard to concentrate.

She proceeded to rip out the leg chains when Dante snapped out of his shock enough to snap his fingers and watch the enhanced blue flames engulf her. He heard another chain breaking mixed with a laugh. He looked closely and saw that though she was surrounded by flames not one inch of her was burning. Then, without him willing the flames away, they vanished before his eyes. "How interesting," She cooed, "I see someone can play with fire. I suppose I'll just have to use other methods to kill you then."

Dante looked down and saw the very land he was standing on, wrap around his legs, holding him in place. Is she a witch? A demon? How come his fire was doing nothing?! He attempted to read her mind to figure out his next move, but there was only silence. Not but two seconds ago, he could hear everything, and now it was as if she had slammed the door to him. Sweat began trickling down the nape of his neck and his hand shook- not enough for anyone to notice, but it ate away at him. There was only one person that he had ever feared in this world and it was the man he called earlier for help, but right now he was afraid (of a girl nonetheless).

She had completely freed herself and was walking over to her trapped new toy when she stopped dead in her tracks and growled, looking down at her completely whole hand. "No! This should have taken longer to heal!" Her head whipped up and glared Dante down. "Your blood must be quite powerful. Looks like fun time is over, for now, hot stuff. Next time we meet, you won't be so lucky." Almost immediately after the last word passed her lips, she hit the floor.

© 2018 Snow


Author's Note

Snow
Note: Whoo!! Second chapter down!! This story just won't get out of my head :)

I want to get to know my readers! So if you're reading my story please say hello in a message or even commenting just your name/ username so we can get to know each other better and you're not just hidden behind a number! lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on September 19, 2018
Last Updated on September 19, 2018

Author

Snow
Snow

OH



About
I am a new writer and I'm looking to get better and make the best writings possible! more..

Writing