Two

Two

A Chapter by Soccerstar55

I rushed over to her and hugged her as tightly as I could. She returned the love by hugging be back. 

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" she said sounding as sweet as a grandmother should be.

I nodded,fighting back the tears. "Yeah, I didn't see you in your room and your door was locked."

She looked at me suspiciously. "What were you doing in my room?"

I felt taken back. "I called for you and you didn't answer. So I tried openeing your door and it was lock, so I picklocked it and started looking for you."

"Did you find anything in their?" she looked at me cautiously.

I wasn't sure if that sounded right. Did I find anything? What would be in there that she didn't want to find?

"I didn't find anything. What is it that you want to me find?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you were careful with my antiques, they are very special to me."

I nodded. For a few minutes there was an awkward silence. Grandma broke the silence. "Well, dinner will be ready in a few minutes."  

I nodded and ran up the stairs. Charlie had beat me to my room. I closed the door behind me. There was something really wrong with Grandma. Why was she acting so suspicious? What was it that was in her room that she wanted to be kept secret? I knew she didn't like it when I kept secrets from her. Why did it feel like the opposite here?

Charlie was panting. His tongue was slobbing with saliva. I patted his head and smiled at him. He was my favorite pet in the world.(Trust me, their have been other monsters)

 

I opened my eyes to darkness. It was pitch black. The only thing I could really make out were the shapes of all my stuff. Slowly, I moved my feet across my bed and touched the ice, cold floor. I felt my way through my room, hitting my toe on practially everything. I stepped on Charlie at least three times. 

When I hit my head on something wooden, I knew it was probably a wall or the door. I felt the smooth surface. My fingers traveled down to they hit something cold and metal. It was the doorknob. I opened the door and closed it behind me, so I wouldnt wake up anyone. 

My Grandmother's door was closed, but her bedroom light was on. Confusion crossed my face. I walked toward her door, but I stopped. There was something coming from downstairs. I leaned my ears closer towards the steps. There were voices. 

Curious, I walked down the stairs. The wooden steps weren't helping me with the whole sneaking downstairs. The voices were getting louder. Loud enough for the whole house to hear. The closer I was getting closer to the voices, the quieter they got. They were coming from the kitchen. 

"I told you, she isn't going anywhere." snapped one voice.

"I can assure you, that she will be fine with us." said another. It was definetly a man's voice. 

"I won't let you take her away from me!" yelled the voice. 

I recognized that voice. It was a soft sweet voice. It was the only other voice that I knew, besides my parents. It was Grandma!

"We are not going to take her away forever, we just want to see if she's the Chosen." said the man

"I know, what your game is. They send some of their own to come and find the kids and try to see if they are the Chosen. If they're not, then you kill or lock them away!" yelled my Grandmother.

Wait a minute. Take away? Lock up? Kill!? Who are these people anyway.

"Look, Lady. We're just here to do our job. Now, are you going to give us her or what?" said another voice, probably a woman.

At first my Grandmother disn't answer. I felt my heart pounding rapidly. She spoke:

"I won't let you take my only granddaughter."

There was silence. The man cleared his throat. "Okay, then. We shall leave."

"What!? What about our orders?" said the woman.

"She has made up her mind." said the man

"But, Magus!" protested the woman

"Vixtory! We must go." said Magus

I heard the rest of silence. I could hear their footsteps coming my way. I ran up the stairs only out of sight. The two people that came from the kitchen, were both wearing black robes with a long wilted white-purple rose on the back. A cold chill ran down my back. I've seen that symbol before. But where? i didn't see their faces. It looked like Vixtory had blond hair and Magus had a crimson looking hair. 

Before opening the walking out the door with Vixtory, Magus stopped. He turned his head my way. I moved my head as swiftly as I could. My heart was pounding even louder. I wasn't sure if I should even dare to look. I hesitated and looked back. He wasn't looking my way anymore. His head was facing outside. 

"Remember this Lavonne. The Brotherhood will never give up. Never!" he laughed in the most annoying, yet creepiest way possible. He walked out the door and they both disappeared in the night.



© 2012 Soccerstar55


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012


Author

Soccerstar55
Soccerstar55

TX



About
I've always loved the arts. Wether its Music, Writing or just dancing. I love playing soccer as you can see :) And Reading, Reading, Reading. Another favorite of mine. I ask for your support in writin.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Soccerstar55


Escape Escape

A Book by Soccerstar55