Storming of the Bastille

Storming of the Bastille

A Chapter by SolSara

(Gameplay)

Player-controlled Actions and Effects are CAPITALIZED. Your PC is Élodie Bauchet.

Élodie is in her room at the house. She WEARS a simple dress. On her dressing table LIES a copy of the latest l’Ami du Peuple. If the player TRIES to GO out the door, Élodie says:

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (DETERMINED)

It was my father’s duty, now it is mine.

No.

I have forgotten something.

There is something in this room I need.

No, I need it.

It is on my dressing table.

 

When the player finally PICKS up the copy, a close–up of the paper is SHOWN. The date on the paper says 11 July 1789.  A paper with HOLES CUT OUT and a brief EXPLANATION on it is PLACED on the paper and the player must MOVE it until Élodie says:

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (DETERMINED)

This is the one I must assassinate. I must write it down.

 

A piece of paper APPEARS and an invisible pen WRITES the name Baron De Solage: Bastille.

(Cinematic)

A messenger from Marceau ARRIVES, TELLING Élodie about the Storming of the Bastille and that Marceau has JOINED the noblemen who DEFEND the Bastille.

MESSENGER: (BREATHLESS)

I come from Marceau Laroque; he wanted to say that the Bastille is under attack and that he will join the noblemen who defend the fort.

ÉLODIE BAUCHET:

Thank you.

 

When she is about to LEAVE the house, her mother TRIES to STOP her.

MARIELLE BAUCHET: (UPSET)

Élodie, don’t you leave now!

 

Élodie IGNORES her and LEAVES.

MARIELLE BAUCHET: (DISTANT)

Élodie! Don’t get killed!

 

At the statue she MEETS Guillaume who also KNOWS about the storming.

GUILLAUME DOUAY: (EXCITED, LAST MEANING PLEADING)

Élodie! Listen, we will attack the Bastille and free the prisoners. It is too dangerous for you, please don’t follow me!

 

After that, he RUNS TOWARDS the Bastille.

(Gameplay)

Player-controlled Actions and Effects are CAPITALIZED. Your PC is Élodie Bauchet.

Élodie must FOLLOW him and USE her acrobatic skills to GET PAST obstacles in her way. Barrels, people, trolleys, everything that can be USED as a hindrance shall be used. When she ARRIVES at the Bastille, both Guillaume and Marceau WAIT there for her. She can TALK to both of them and each one will OFFER to HELP her. They are equally skilled men and they will MAKE it EASIER for her to GET TO Baron De Solage. The player GETS TO CHOOSE one of them, or can CHOOSE TO PROCEED alone.

GUILLAUME DOUAY: (ANNOYED)

Why did you follow me?

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (CALM AND DETERMINED)

I need to speak to one of the prisoners before he flees or gets killed.

(1)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (PLEADING)

Please help me get to him!

(2)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (CALM AND DETERMINED)

I don’t need your help right now.

(1)GUILLAUME DOUAY: (DETERMINED)

Certainement!

(2)GUILLAUME DOUAY: (CALM)

I’ll be here.

 

MARCEAU LAROQUE: (SARCASTIC HEROIC)

Have you come to give me some moral support? Or did you just wish to give me a last kiss before I might die?

(1)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (PLEADING AND DETERMINED)

I need to speak to one of the prisoners before he flees or gets killed, so please help me get to him!

(2)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (CALM)

I don’t need your help right now.

 

Guillaume is chosen. They see two men CLIMB up at the gates and OPEN the drawbridge. Élodie, ARMED with her father’s rapier, and Guillaume, ARMED with a meat–cleaver, ENTER the Bastille THROUGH the drawbridge along with the crowd and ENTER the external courtyard. To GET TO the prisoners cells, they have to FIGHT noblemen and guards. They ARRIVE at the cells and SEE Baron de Solage in one of them.

(Cinematic)

They are in a dark prison corridor with four cells. Two of them are occupied, one with a babbling idiot and the other with a well-dressed but shaggy Baron de Solage. When Élodie APPROACHES the cell, de Solage GETS on his feet and GRABS hold of the prison bars.

BARON DE SOLAGE: (MILDLY AMUSED)

Rescuers? Or are you here for something else?

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (RESOLUTE)

What do you know about Amaury Bauchet?

BARON DE SOLAGE: (SMILING)

Tell me, why should I tell you about him?

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (FIRM)

I found a note mentioning you and my father. I believe you know something I need to know.

BARON DE SOLAGE: (AGGRAVATED)

Is there any chance of you rescuing me? No? Well, then I don’t see why I should tell you anything.

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (PLEADING)

My father was murdered not long ago. I need to find out why. He was an assassin and he taught me the trade. Please, help me!

BARON DE SOLAGE: (STERN)

Non.

 

[Quick note: If Élodie chooses Guillaume to help her into the Bastille, dialogue option (A) will be heard. If she chooses Marceau, dialogue option (B) will be heard. If she chooses neither of them, dialogue option (C) will be heard]

 (A)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (THREATENING)

You don’t have many minutes left. When we fought our way here I heard the noblemen speaking about you. They wanted to make you suffer for what you have done.

(B)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (THREATENING)

You don’t have many minutes left. When we fought our way here I heard the rebels speaking about you. They wanted to make you suffer for what you have done.

(C)ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (THREATENING)

You don’t have many minutes left. When we fought our way here I heard the guards speaking about you. They wanted to make you suffer for what you have done.

BARON DE SOLAGE: (TERRIFIED)

I–I don’t know much, but I think you should investigate your assignments and the one who gives them to you. I heard Fabian Bayon was killed. I knew him. In fact, Fabian, your father and I were all assassins. The only reason we know about each other is because someone messed up and gave all of us the same mission. Please, get me out of here!

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (REGRETFULLY)

Thank you. I really wish I didn’t have to do this.

 

After she has QUESTIONED De Solage, she SLITS his throat.

(Gameplay)

Player-controlled Actions and Effects are CAPITALIZED. Your PC is Élodie Bauchet.

Now, Élodie and Guillaume need to GET OUT without GETTING KILLED. Same scenario as before. There are lots of noblemen and guards whom they need to DEFEAT. The path to the exit is BLOCKED and they are FORCED UPWARDS. From the roof they are able to CLIMB DOWN the façade of the fort and then slowly DESCEND by JUMPING from platforms, smaller buildings’ roofs and so on.

(Cinematic)

After they have CLIMBED DOWN the last platform, they are finally ON the ground, a couple of meters from the fighting crowd. Élodie TURNS to Guillaume after they have caught their breath and SAYS:

ÉLODIE BAUCHET: (GRATEFULLY)

Thank you for your help.

 

Élodie KISSES Guillaume and LEAVES him. The player SEES Guillaume STANDING in front of the Bastille. There are people FIGHTING around him and on the fort.

 



© 2009 SolSara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on May 21, 2009


Author

SolSara
SolSara

Skövde, Sweden



About
I'm an aspiring Game Writer from Sweden who currently writes her thesis: a manuscript about �lodie Bauchet, a female assassin during the first three years of the French Revolution. more..

Writing
Jakri Jakri

A Story by SolSara


Decadence Decadence

A Book by SolSara


Echo Aelian Echo Aelian

A Chapter by SolSara