Death From Within

Death From Within

A Poem by Scarlet Letter
"

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you...but trusting them not to.

"
The winds of change blow through me
Like an icy talon
Turning my heart to stone.
The feelings that once were
Have darkened
Like the blackest rose.
We always said forever
I guess that was a lie.
My hand is empty,
My bed is cold,
These lips that once 
Were warm with yours
Are now barren and bitter.
My soul is vacant 
Of the presence of you.
Your neglect has shattered my joy
And stolen my hope for tomorrow.
This is not how love should be
You promised so much more.
You took my life
And now I have nothing.
So I will just lay here
Gasping for air
Waiting for the day
When my body
Catches up with my heart.

© 2010 Scarlet Letter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how emotional and accurate you make this poem. Terrific work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is an awesome write. Deep pain and hopelessnes, plus rage. Awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice ending, that was quite unexpected. Nicely put. Your simple-dealing of lines is very effective. Neat and well worded post, it could obviously give seed to something superior in future, keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ending is so amazing. It really tied the piece together. I can definitely relate to this. The emotion can be felt behind your words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is beautiful and you just expressed such raw emotion in a beautiful way. I can just see the picture you painted with your words. Really amazing job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful, is this about a father? or am i way off?

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow... this is the feeling that so many have had or are having but not many know how to put into the right words to describe it.
neglect is one of the worst things to feel the effects of. i think most of need to be needed but don't like to admit it. but it is a natural human emotion, and there is a person out there that will know how precious love is and will not hurt you or neglect you. i know how you feel. thanks for writing this poem and sharing your feelings in such a creative way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello Scarlet

Soul as black as the darkest of roses...over a man. It's a terrible feeling when you have your heart torn from your chest, it sometimes not only shatters your heart, but your mind. Then who do you become, but a shell of a life that just walks the motions never trusting another, never experiencing love.

Then...you grow angry. You start enjoying others misery, it makes you feel some warmth inside your cold bitter soul. Then the desires come...the urge to redo what happened to you. You are not the weak one... you should not have been the one hurt...and so you hurt what has hurt you.....

Always,

Matthew

And may I say Want that picture of the girl in blue in the leaves....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

730 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2010
Last Updated on October 9, 2010
Tags: trust, death, empty, depression, love

Author

Scarlet Letter
Scarlet Letter

Canada



About
I love art of all forms. The types I practice are writing, charcoal/oil pastels, music, photography, and more. Every time I look at something I see if it would be best as a picture, drawing, poem, or .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..