Buying Guidelines for Organic and Standard Dates

Buying Guidelines for Organic and Standard Dates

A Story by Sophia Smith
"

This will preserve the freshness of the dates and there will be very less consistency in the ripeness of the dates.

"

Pitted dates and standard dates are very good for health and vitality. They are rich in iron, fibre, vitamins, minerals, calcium etc. Although there is high quantity of sugar in these fruits, you will find that even healthier people prefer to have dates. Culturally speaking, dates are really important in the diet and they are one of the first crops that were cultivated by mankind. Experts believe that dates originated from Iraq and the nomadic people often used dates mixed with milk as a substitute for a wholesome diet.


A very common recipe of dates is the dates milk shake. For this wholesome milk shake, you will need six organic  dates, two to three frozen bananas, and almond milk. Mix all these in a blender for at least five to six minutes and then have it fresh. You can add ice to this milk shake if you want it chilled. Among all the dates, you will find that medjool and deglet noor dates are very popular. These dates are the most exported dates in the world and there are many recopies that have been named after them as well.


Dates are high in carbohydrates; hence, they will provide immediate energy when eaten. You can eat dates whenever you want and wherever you want. Dates are generally bought from the supermarkets or the hypermarkets. These days, however, you will find dates on online stores as well. The dates that are bought online are delivered directly at your doorstep. Therefore, buying dates from online stores has become a very convenient means of shopping.


Most dates that are sold in stores these days are old dates and there are some that may even be a year old. Freshness of the dates is always been an issues and there is very little that you can do when you are on online stores. However, if you opt for a genuine and reputed dates supplier, then you may get fresh dates that are just from the current season’s harvest. How do you know if the dates that you have bought are fresh? The answer is very simple�"it is the taste and the texture of the dates that determines the freshness.


Most dates are harvested in one go, which reduces the costs of the grower; however, in doing so, there is inconsistent quality. Dates from a single bunch may not ripen at the same time. Therefore, harvesting the entire bunch of dates can have a negative repercussion on the quality of the dates. Good growers will harvest dates from the same bunch in batches of twos or threes. This will preserve the freshness of the dates and there will be very less consistency in the ripeness of the dates.


Organically grown dates need to be certified by the local governing bodies so that buyers get confirmation on the quality of the pitted dates. To keep the dates free from bacteria, fungi and other pests, they are generally irradiated. This can have an adverse effect on the quality of the dates. Look out for the preservation techniques and the preservatives used for the dates that you buy from the stores.   




© 2014 Sophia Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 21, 2014
Tags: buy date paste, deglet nour, wholesale dates

Author

Sophia Smith
Sophia Smith

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi friends My name is Sophia Smith.I am passionate about media and photography.(Take the moment and make it Perfect!) more..

Writing