The Obvious Benefits of Online Training Programmes

The Obvious Benefits of Online Training Programmes

A Story by Sophia Smith
"

An organization is made up of employees and the management. When new challenges are in sight, the management prepares to train its employees so that they can collectively overcome these challenges.

"

Online training or elearning has many advantages for employees as well as for employers. Online training can be accessed anywhere and anywhere. So, employees don’t have any restrictions for online training and then can self organize their training and take the online assessments after the completion of the training. When employees are in different time zones, training them can be a daunting task. In such scenarios instructor led training is simply not feasible since there are many logistics issues. In online training, the learning material is given in the form of modules.




So, in typical leadership and management courses, you will find that employees have to take up one module at a time. There may be online support for this training depending on the type of course. If the online course is hosted on a learning management system, then immediate results and feedback can be given to the participants. A typical learning management system will act as a gateway for the learner and assess the performance of the learner with the help of many tools.


Since most processes are automated on the learning management system, you will find that there is considerable time savings. For example, when a learner is taking Outsource Training, will have to give an assessment at the end of the course. These assessment results are captured by software programmes that are loaded on the learning management system.  Assessment is very effective in most online training programmes.




By and large, assessments are in the form of multiple choice questions that map to the objectives and the learning content. Most online courses have clever designs, and interactive content that glues the learner to the screen all the time. With the help of animations, concepts are taught in a very lucid manner. This enhances retention and inculcates the values and beliefs taught in the online training course. It has been observed that online courses for training courses for employees  programmes provide richer and more effective learning experience than traditional training platforms.


With the advent of mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones, online learning has scaled new heights. Today, most organizations are talking about m-learning, which enables a learner to access online courses even on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In mobile learning, learners have to log on to the learning management system that is highly customized for mobile learning. Just like the other online courses, the learning management system will track the mobile learner’s progress and give complete insights into the training. In addition to the online learning format, there is a blended learning format in which the training is partly instructor led and partly online. There are many hard skills courses that are delivered by the blended learning format.


Over the years, most organizations have been following traditional means of training, but considering the quantum of training requirements, online training is most feasible these days. There are many elearning organizations that are providing off-the-shelf elearning courses that may fit into the training needs of the organizations. If they don’t, then these elearning companies provide customized elearning training programmes.                        

© 2014 Sophia Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: courses, leadership, management

Author

Sophia Smith
Sophia Smith

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi friends My name is Sophia Smith.I am passionate about media and photography.(Take the moment and make it Perfect!) more..

Writing