Good Enough

Good Enough

A Poem by Marlena
"

venting.

"

 

God, I wish I was good enough for you

I wish you could love me the way you were supposed to

I hope for too much, I know

I think you hate me, the more that I grow.

 

You’re a liar and a thief, but I love you anyway

I don’t know why anymore, missing you everyday

You’re my father, aren’t you? Start acting like it

Stop making me feel like I deserve this s**t.

 

It isn’t my fault you weren’t happy enough

(maybe it was, you always said I was a daughter you couldn’t love)

I don’t care what the f**k you’re going through

Dad,

I’m sick of trying to be good enough for you.

© 2010 Marlena


Author's Note

Marlena
....JF:KLJDFK:SDJF.

I don't feel like explaining. Just...comment/review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this was really emotional. I really thought you dug deep in this poem and I felt bad that you were hurting. I know it's hard to be good enough for someone you love very much. Thanks for sharing. :()

Posted 13 Years Ago


"God, I wish I was good enough for you" I really thought you were talking to God and you also mentioned father a little later, but I figured it out.

"You’re my father, aren’t you? Start acting like it
Stop making me feel like I deserve this s**t." favorite line you can sense a feeling of desperation, you expressed your feelings amazingly well in this poem.


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really powerful. I think alot of people can understand the feeling or relate to it. I know too many who could relate perfectly to what you have written. The poem really stabs straight into different emotions and creates a feeling in the reader whether they have felt what you feel. I can't really say as far as the rhythm, I'm horrible at poetry like that. I feel like I should be saying sorry for what ever happened to inspire this piece, but I know I'm not the one who needs to say such. I think you really have a great piece on you hands, I hope things (if they can) get better for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very lovely and amazing. If I had problems like that with my dad. I don't know what I would do. Cause I'm a daddy's girl even though my parents aren't together. But this poem was just fantastic not one I can relate to personally but, with some imagination the poem hit me straight in the heart. So really very nice job! Poem has great rhythm.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...though this isn't outstanding with rythm, I don't think it needs to be. It was obviously heartfelt, and it really speaks for itself; I barely even noticed that it was suposed to rhyme. Not to say it wasn't well written, but its raw emotion weighed far heavier than its technicalities and I really did enjoy that. Great vent.

-nicole-was-here-

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010

Author

Marlena
Marlena

NY



About
-What's there to know? It's obvious why I'm here, that's all you need to get it.- more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by Marlena


Unspoken Unspoken

A Poem by Marlena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories Memories

A Poem by Cynthia