Melina Cupio

Melina Cupio

A Chapter by Soul

“...and this rune symbolizes arcane strength. It is used in rituals related to…”
...how boring can this class get? The professor keeps rambling about the most basic concepts in magic. Most of the students that got to enter this college are very much aware of those. I’m tired of this… I came here to learn new things. Magic. I want to be the strongest witch in the world.

“...and that’s why no wizard can ever learn all there is about magic--”

“I disagree with that.” -- ...what did I just do?

“Excuse me, miss Cupio. Do you have any arguments to back up your theory? Surely you must know our university’s philosophy.”

“Y-yes, I have. One doesn’t have to dig too deep to uncover the truth that there are many different cults and uses of magic throughout the world. My theory is that if one understand and accept each of these variations, he will have achieved the apex of--”

“Wrong, miss Cupio. There can be no other variation of magic and our studies have proved that already. And even if that was true, our knowledge of the arcane ways grow deeper with each passing day, it is completely impossible to learn all there is about this or any subject.”

“...I apologize for my interruption, sir.”

How come I can’t even say what I mean?! I know he’s wrong and there are many variations other than the arcane ways, but… my argument simply isn’t good enough to topple his. That’s even more upsetting than the fact that I’m dealing with a close minded society-cancer. Whatever. I’m done with this class. I put my scrolls and runes inside my needlessly large hood and leave that boring classroom. The professor gave me that same disappointed look I get from nearly everyone. Not that I care, I don’t even know why I keep thinking about that stuff.

As I’m making my way to my magic stash, I see some senior mages gossiping about me. They look real mad, but I just try to ignore them. And just like I expected, one of them stands in front of me with that angry look in his face. The rest of them make a circle around me.

“So you’re the one that’s been disrespecting our professor mid class, eh?” -- I don’t say a word. Why would I waste my breath answering this garbage? -- “Nothing to say, huh? You don’t look so intimidating personally, ‘miss Cupio’” -- One of them slowly tries to reach for my butt, but I slap his hand -- “Oh, so you think you can resist us?” -- I clench my fist quietly. My patience is really wearing thin -- “We’ll show you that revolutionary b*****s have no place in this university”.

One of them grabs my wrist. Heh. Can these guys get more cliché? I hold his face with my other hand and unleash a burst of fire, sending him flying to the other side of the corridor.

“Wha-- b***h! Get her!” -- The two other dumb thugs draw their spellbooks to cast their s****y arcane spells.

After letting out a small laugh, I taunt them -- “Darling… I’m way past that level” -- Heheh... but that’s way beyond a taunt. It’s a dare. With those awfully ugly angry faces, they extend their arms at me and begin to chant the words to throw whatever spell a simpleton like them would to attack. I giggle as I roll up my sleeves and reveal druid tattoos that start glowing. With widened eyes, they start to stutter, interrupting their spell.

My words “Vinea Tenaci” are the only thing that can be heard in the corridor as numerous thorny vines erupt from the ground and wrap themselves around all three thugs. The cries of fear and pain can be heard throughout the whole university. “I’m a ‘not intimidating b***h’, right? I can’t resist you, right? Care to repeat any of that now, a*****e?!” -- The sensation of superiority is amazing. I just love to watch them bleed with these fearful faces. “If any of you ever get close to someone else’s butt without their consent again. You will die. Painfully. Horribly.”

After hearing the screams, many students and even teachers came to see what was going on. And they were obviously pissed at me. ‘Cause I was kind of torturing these dudes in the middle of the corridor. So yeah. I take off the university’s robes to reveal my druid attires and the tattoos all over my upper body and then I use my summoned vines to open up a hole in the ground so I can escape, but not before gripping the vines around my dear peers, of course. Making them bleed harder is my top concern at the moment.

“Vinea Ostium” -- I whisper, shortly before opening a portal in the hole I just made the for me to leave -- “Melina Cupio! Remember the name, lowly simpletons! The name that will change history!” -- I shout moments before leaping into the portal.



© 2016 Soul


Author's Note

Soul
The first chapter of my first story! Well. Not the first to be created by me, but the first one to go public, I guess. I promise it gets better, guys. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016
Tags: fantasy, fiction, epic, magic, society, feminism, the beauty of want, tbow


Author

Soul
Soul

Canoas, South, Brazil



About
Hiya! My name is Soul and I'm a epic fantasy writer. I'm 19 and my main objective in life is to inspire people and make them feel better overall by writing stuff they both find awesome and can relate .. more..

Writing
Brief Respite Brief Respite

A Chapter by Soul