Voice of millions

Voice of millions

A Poem by Soyam
"

Buried voice of millions

"
"He sits there, wearing a smiling guise, 
Hiding his intentions, dark and unwise. 

Behind my dad's radiant crimson glow, 
His true nature remains concealed, you know.

Forbidden to look up or breathe out loud, 
Restricted, silenced, lost in a shroud.

 Decisions made without asking me,
 They sell my existence to maintain their pride, you see.

Will I become a slave or just a bride?
 No clue of my fate, nowhere to hide. 

My brother claims, "I'll protect you, dear,"
 But his words ring hollow, a false veneer.

I ask, "Won't you save me from this plight?"
 He replies, "Your submission is my duty, right." 

I wonder, is it not my right to question, 
As your memories fade, offering no consolation.

Descending the stairs, tears staining my face,
 Breaking the chains that held my family in place. 

Moving forward, with a glimmer of hope,
 Afraid, yet determined, learning to cope.

New bed, new lamp, dark curtains unfurled, 
Everything is new in this uncertain world. 

Forced smiles and deep breaths, I strive to adjust, 
Each day a struggle, scars growing robust.

No longer shedding blood with every moon's sway,
 But enduring wounds inflicted day by day.

 He turned my tears to blood, with cuts and burns, 
Scarring my body, as his cruelty returns.

Sold to a butcher, who butchers my soul, 
Just as you did, taking your toll. 

 No hope, no normality, my life is unfair.
I ask myself,  is there anyone who'll care?

But amidst the darkness, a flicker of light,
 Strength and resilience, ready to ignite.

 I'll rise above, reclaim my identity,
 No longer defined by their atrocity.

For I am more than the pain I endure, 
A survivor, a fighter, my spirit pure. 

No longer a victim, I'll break the chain, 
Embracing a future where freedom will reign." 

© 2023 Soyam


Author's Note

Soyam
Here is a piece, giving voice to millions who are buried under forced patriarchal system. It's one part is a part of my life. I was just forced but with God's grace they didn't proceed forward. I was saved but millions are still there who can't save themselves. Just tried to give those souls a voice. Millions are still suffering , some are fighting and some had lost hope. I just can pray for those souls only. Feel free to share your opinions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I value my freedom more than anything. I have never taken it for granted because I am fully aware of the plight of sisters elsewhere. You are a voice for them. An exceptionally strong one and you have a gift in poetry too. I hope all those chains are broken and the sooner the better. A powerful and moving piece Soyam. You are a born survivor.

Chris

Posted 11 Months Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

11 Months Ago

Freedom is the basic right of everyone, still some didn't get it. Ma'am you are Blessed to have it.. read more
Chris Shaw

11 Months Ago

You are very welcome ;)



Reviews

Your evil tragedy - written in such candid language, is certainly a tribute to your own courage. But, your need to speak no! SHOUT for other women and girls who are treated as inanimate possessions is one of the most courageous and moving posts I've read in the Cafe for well over a decade. Soyam, this is both superb and finely put writing.

Posted 3 Months Ago


This seems so otherworldly that I'm sure I know nothing of the struggle of so many just to be able to decide for themselves and then I began thinking "what makes our decision making so good that we think we get to choose for ourselves either?
So much of our life is decided on a choice that few of us are ready to make in our early years, but perhaps we stick with the systems we stick to because it gives us all someone to blame.
Even if we choose ourselves, we can always believe it is the other in the relationship not pulling their weight, or we can blame our parents for making such choices, but either way, we all have to succumb to peer pressure and make the best of the world we live in.
One thing is for sure though, no matter what, someone will say its a bad choice and be happy if it goes wrong. People, eh? 😊

Posted 5 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

4 Months Ago

We all are not perfect in decision making, but something that matters is the respect for others opin.. read more
This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
So powerful and moving. I am amazed at the suffering so abundant in this world... and so often caused by those who should protect and love us. Your words give voice to the endless ones struggling with no voice left to lift up. Thank you for your deep honesty and for using your creative energies for good... to expose the dark shadows that try to swallow all the light of hope.

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

9 Months Ago

I appreciate your understanding towards those silent voices of endless souls. Thanks for showing yo.. read more
You truly wrote the true voice of millions of innocent women who face this every day. When those women are forced to live in a patriarchal system, their voices are silenced, the men in their lives practically make every decision concerning their lives, and it is not fair. It's not right that they must marry an arranged or even for Ed marriage, it's not fair that these women must bear the abuse and torment of their husband's and husband's families, it's not fair that they might get hit, beat, or even sexually abused. None of its fair, yet it happens so often we turn a blind eye to it. I truly hope something changes, because no man would have liked to be in the position they put their women in, now would they? So who gave them the power to treat women like this? Soyam, you write with truth and emotion, truly inflicting a reaction from your readers. I thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

10 Months Ago

Indeed it is. Yes, women should not be forced to step into the hell like this. If you can't treat t.. read more
Aura

10 Months Ago

You are most welcome.
Wow. Thanks for penning this. Powerful and gripping.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

10 Months Ago

My pleasure you like.

Thanks for visiting:)
Thanks for writing this strong poem to bring awareness worldwide of the atrocities you write of! It’s wrong it’s evil it’s not even human what is going on and much unnecessary agony and sadness comes from it
I’m glad you escaped it somewhat and trust you are ok
Keep on writing ✍️ great poem

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

10 Months Ago

Just need to write this, so I do.

Thanks for understanding and giving your valuable.. read more
What a poetic testament to strength and perseverance, to overcome the challenges, to maneuverer beyond the obstacles and to stand tall at the end. Beautifully done.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

11 Months Ago

Thank you.

I'm happy to know you liked it!
You are indeed a voice for millions around the world who have no freedom, chained in their own body, unable to speak out.... i treasure my freedom, and do think of those who have none. you poem speaks beautifully and strongly to this matter, a worldwide concern....people are chained around the world and you speak so honestly about this and that there is hope to be able to free themselves....excellent write!
Best, B

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

11 Months Ago

Thanks for your review ma'am.

I'm glad you understand it.
Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

Glad I did as well... and you're very welcome!
Best, B
I presume you write in a second language, which in itself is a great accomplishment. Then when I notice how well you use rhymed couplets I was doubly impressed. Compelling reading. I only saw on little what I would call "glitch" were your syntax sounded to me forced to ensure the rhyme, which to me is a no-no.
But that one couplet can be revised:
No hope, no normality, in this life unfair, No hope, no normality, my life is unfair.
I ask myself, is there anyone who'll care? I ask myself, does anyone care?

Winston


Posted 11 Months Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Soyam

11 Months Ago

Thanks for your compliments and for your suggestions sir. I'm just learning, so glitches may happen.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

343 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2023
Last Updated on July 18, 2023
Tags: #marriage #feminism #feminist #

Author

Soyam
Soyam

India



About
"There's beggary in the love that can be reckoned." https://youtu.be/p79GmLNLMrY ~SOYAM more..

Writing
New_year New_year

A Poem by Soyam


Prejudice Prejudice

A Poem by Soyam


Love_Game Love_Game

A Poem by Soyam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax


Life Life

A Poem by Weeping willow


Tin Can Sailor Tin Can Sailor

A Poem by carl