My hurricane Charlie

My hurricane Charlie

A Chapter by Melissa
"

Chapter two

"

That spot of orange paint of my faded sky blue carpet is still there even tho you told me it would come up in time. Sometimes I lay down next to it and it takes me back to that place where I was actually happy. I guess you don't really see what you have untill it's gone. That night you sat next to me while I was knee deep in tissues from crying, you still looked at me and told me that I could do so much better. I miss those nights more than ever right now and how I wish I could go back, but we both know it's to late to turn back now, it would be a waste of time.
    I still drive by your house from time to time hoping that you were still in it. I could care less it that means I haven't moved on because the truth is, I really haven't. I miss everything about you and me, kissing your face and your lips and I want it all back. It's to late to apologize and I know, I know I've hurt you so much during the last 13 months but I still wish you were here with me. I would kill a thousand saints if it ment you would be here standing in my door way again. You promised throught thick and thin that this would last forever and I'm holding you to your word.
             I still remember where he sat  legs criss-crossed on the hood of his truck while he waited outside my house for our first date. Charlie was 18 with a mind of his own. If you were to ask him to move to Mexico with you, he would have you there by sun up the next day. He never thought things out, always spur of the moment and that's what I loved about him. We had met outside a coffee shop where I had been crying because of a break up a hour before. He sat down next to me, looked at me and smiled. I thought about getting up and calling him a freak but instead, I had stopped crying. I guess I found something that day in his smile that I've been looking for since I knew boys didn't have cooties.    
    This is why I stayed that night when you asked me to leave, and this should have been a reason stay. Sometimes I think its a good thing you aren't here because knowing the fight we had the night before you left, we would have been over with  and it would have been to painfull to see you on the streets and bump into you with a new girl on your arm, maybe even a ring on her finger and a bun in the oven. It would have torn me apart to think about how that should have been me and how you should have been mine. Then I think of the life I would have had if you stayed with me. You would have been unhappy and I wouldn't have known how lucky I was to have had you in my arms and how much it hurt when you left. I wouldn't have realized how much I really do love you and how much I want to be with you this very second. Some times you need to forget what you feel and think about what you deserve and I think I've come to the conclution that I deserve better than you could ever give me but that is why I need you. I need to remember that even tho I could do better, I still chose you.
    When we would lay in your truck on the beach, I would wonder, what is he  dreaming about, or if he is even asleep. I put my head on his chest and just listened to his heartbeat, the sweetest melody I have ever herd. I knew then that this is the song I want to put me to sleep each night and the racing heartbeat I want to feel every time I'm around you.    
    Instead your heart is miles away from me in the comfort of someone eles's hand or alteast that's what you have led me to believe. I guess I thought if I wrote down every word, and spelt it all out to you, that you would come back to me. That maybe you would care since I took time and effort to write this, this is for you.
    
 



© 2008 Melissa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a good start going here. It is an engaging plot that all can relate to. I like the details. I will be interested to see where this takes us.

Posted 16 Years Ago




OK, this one was a bit more confusing for me, with the shifting of the tone... sometimes you use "you" or "him"...there's a shift in who you seem to be talking about that's a bit confusing... are you in the truck with the guy you're writing this to/about, or is this some other guy and he makes you think of that other one? I'm not really sure. However, the emotion and expression beneath that slight confusion is great. You're describing sentiments that so many of us feel (and trust me, I've been there), and I think that's what appeals me to this, and I like the tone and flow in this, so please keep it up. Also, there are some spelling errors in here (and I tend to be a stickler for that). Overall, good job.

mj



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A first love must be terrifying.
The only thing the experts agree on,
speaking of first love, is that everyone eventually
recovers and loves again.
A clever story, very well written.
Keep Writing !
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2008
Last Updated on March 4, 2008


Author

Melissa
Melissa

Orlando, FL



About
My name is Melissa Maxey, Writing is my passion, and Cosmetology is what I breath. I'm growing up and loving every second of it. I'm a deadly combination of what you wish you could be. I myself am m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..