I Am The Beast I Worship

I Am The Beast I Worship

A Poem by Spencer Bridges
"

A poem I wrote after watching a frightening interview with Charles manson.

"
The world was already burning, it was coals and it was cold, don't blame me, I didn't light it, I just didn't fight it, I was burned alive the minute I was born, saved me a lot of trouble, you fools burn until the day you die, fighting it, there is no fighting it, you're putting gasoline on your own fire and I'm sitting over here laughing, because it is funny, you may not realize it but it is, it's like watching a dog chase it's tale until one day he catches it and rips it off, realizing all he accomplished was dizzy cyclical pain, that's why I laugh, you're wasting your time, I've simply accepted it, and you call me a monster?, it's humorous because I am a monster, but you have to be, this world was made with monsters in mind, it's sick, it's twisted, it will rip you to shreds and spit out your stitches, when I die I'll be laughing just as I am now, I'll stare death in the eyes and it will turn away in fear, you think I'm lying?, how could you possibly know that, I have been closer to hell on a swingset and I have seen it, and hell is not underground it is downtown, it is scum, but it is natural, it is unavoidable, it is evolution, it is revolution, it is solution, it is pollution and there is no substitution, now what does the banter of everyday life mean, when you talk with your wife about work and ice cream, jellybean, charlie sheen, dribble drabble and keep it clean, it means nothing to me, it means nothing, it means nothing, it means nothing, it means nothing.

© 2012 Spencer Bridges


Author's Note

Spencer Bridges
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"...hell is not underground it is downtown, it is scum but it natural, it is unavoidable, it is evolution, it is revolution, it is solution, it is pollution and there is no substitution, now what does the banter of everyday life mean, when you talk with your wife about work and ice cream, jellybean, charlie sheen and dribble drabble and keep it clean..."
This segment sounds like a pretty good rap number; maybe you could work it into something...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2012
Tags: i am the beast i worship, charles manson, poem, lune