The person in the mirror

The person in the mirror

A Story by spidie

Now,I look at the mirror and pity the person in it. Once upon a time,she was an innocent little flower ,blooming with happiness.She hoped that someday she would grow into a beautiful white lily just like one of those on the other side of the lake.They just seemed to be so pretty and loved by all.But what she didn't realise was that she was living in a bubble and she had absolutely no idea of what life had in store for her.She had the qualities required to be one of them but was never showed the way.She wasn't told whether to remain in the company of the humble lotuses or choose the deadly opium flowers.She didn't know whether to absorb the pure water of the lake or the stinky sewage water that gushed through an open pipe just adjacent to the lake.she wasn't taught how to battle the stormy winds or the infesting pests.She had so much of potential in her but its a shame that she was never directed to make the best of it.She had a strong belief that the Mother Earth would nurture her and show her the right path.But,her expectations were never met.She grew on her own and made some serious mistakes.She was betrayed and taken advantage of but she survived.She was indeed a fighter.She was hurt and alone but had no one to reach out to.She complained and whined but she was ignored.she spent restless nights and cried herself to sleep.She started to get nightmares of turning into something she never expected or wanted for herself. Until, she finally realised that she was actually living it.That was her reality.Unfortunately,her body was too worn and scarred to turn into a delicate lily.Sadly,she had now grown into a wild weed.

© 2015 spidie


Author's Note

spidie
Please leave a review

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like that. It's a strange tale with good imagery. I think the more you read over it you might find yourself slightly changing some sentences to add to the poetic feel of it and keep it flowing. Very likeable story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


spidie

9 Years Ago

Thank you.I'll surely work on what you said and give it that poetic edge. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 26, 2015
Last Updated on May 26, 2015

Author

spidie
spidie

Mumbai, India



About
Well,I just enjoy writing short stories. more..

Writing