Hammer

Hammer

A Poem by The_Soul
"

I wrote this over two years ago. It's hard to say what inspired it really, except that I observed how hollow the strike of a hammer made everything seem when my dad was fixing our front step.

"
Oh, how the hammer makes the world sound hollow. Only lesser hope comes out of the horrible moans created by the young or the dying hearts.

Oh, how the bird song, such a beauty, can be the loneliest breath of the morning. The sun being a torturous light that brings you down upon your knees.

Oh, how love seems so wrongly given to the non-deserving souls, and yet such hatred plagued to the innocent. And a river of bone deep tears shed through them.

Oh, how happiness brings out the strongest sadness. Loss and grief kill us all.

© 2011 The_Soul


Author's Note

The_Soul
Does it seem cheesy? Whats your over all opinion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
..
...Nope! Not cheesey at all, I liked the last line, i foudn some truthfulness in this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I dont think the poem's cheesy at all. if anything it seems to show just how biuttersweet life really is, and points out that you can only truly feel happy if you have been sad. Its a beautiful peace.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 13, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..