Book review of "KOHINOOR"

Book review of "KOHINOOR"

A Story by Srishti Jaitwani
"

Kohinoor is India's most infamous diamond and hereby attached is my review and inferences drawn out the latest book written about the gem.

"
BOOK REVIEW OF
"KOHINOOR"
The story of the world's most infamous diamond

The first thing that you will notice about this book is its cover that has the English crown encrusted upon a dark backdrop with its aristocratic decadance. As the book progresses there is an intricate inlay of anecdotes that establish the basis of Kohinoor's origin and its journey into and finally out of india. Though speculative in its approach "KOHINOOR" manages to weave an interesting chain of true stories in subsequence that donot seem to be thwarted by the burden of validation or corraboration as the most infamous diamond still manges to harbour in its glean a talismanic history that is yet to be unraveled. According to this book Kohinoor has witnessed the might and fall of various empires rather civilizations to be more precise and the stone's potence seems to have had an unquestionable and daunting influence on its owners and the fate of the same has been explained in this book in the most vivid chronological order. The history associated with KOHINOOR is somewhat perennial in nature and the SHASTRAS are replete with stories of the ever powerful SAMYANTAKA gem which is believed to be the present day kohinoor. The legends conforming to this gem are unearthed through the sands of time and what shines out through its journey is the fact of it's questionable esteem that has brought contradistinctive impediments to its owners. Apart from being the crowning glory of some of the world leaders the gem has also bequesthed on to its owners unprecedented bad luck.The book rubs off on the readers a magic of curiosity and intrigue as we travel through the puranas , to the Mughal era and finally to the colonial era from where it finally left india and has been with the the English royals ever since.
I strongly recommend this book for it's strong historic brunt and tactful writing. The way in wich the cookie has crumbled for all those who have received kohinoor as a way of patrimony is rather questionable and this book has successfully made this point that any form of loot , be it colonial or war won doesn't necessarily prove to be a testimony of luck , courage or strength. At times it can rub off something negative on to its holders.
The book is not very lengthy and manages to maintain the interest of the readers without proving to be mentally tedious. So, its a must read for all history lovers.

© 2017 Srishti Jaitwani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 12, 2017
Last Updated on February 12, 2017