Intro to a supernatural type short story

Intro to a supernatural type short story

A Story by Stacie Dayton

   The walls around us rattled and the creaking from the joists that held the long retired machinery was unnerving. This is what our beloved world had become.
   Living in a civilization consisting of abandoned warehouses and factories connected by underground tunnels.
   We Worshiped the Lesser Gods as well as those once thought to be fictitious during a time when man was naive.
   A war.
   The merger.
   The Beasts and their Keepers.
   Those whose origins trace back into the trysts of goodness and light.
   The never-ending apocalypse is all that remains of a life more of a fairytale than anything else. All brought on by those who couldn't comprehend our beliefs. Values started this war, just like every other. Now we can only hope those same values can restore the peace that was.
   The echo of thunderous boots permeated the silence. We were barely breathing. We had created this underground metropolis  as our last measure of safety and here they were, standing right above us.
   We were going to die here.

© 2011 Stacie Dayton


Author's Note

Stacie Dayton
I know so far it sounds like a sci-fi story but I ensure you it will be a supernatural/occult story when completed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011