Chapter 4, Valentines Surprises

Chapter 4, Valentines Surprises

A Chapter by StarDust
"

Aria decides to give more then just for her friends.

"

“Hey Aria, do you want to go shopping today?” Stella asked as they exited the university.


      “Sure, I need to get some chocolate anyway, Valentines is almost here!”Aria smiled. She was looking forward to giving out chocolate, something she wasn’t able to do before. Lately all she could think about was how sweet life was outside of the four walls she once called home.


      “Right! I almost forgot about that, there’s actually a friend I wanted to give chocolates to, he’s a pretty sweet guy.”A light pink rose to her cheeks as she said this.


      “Well aren’t you cute?” Aria teased. “but hey, good luck to you, you will have to introduce me sometime.”Stella gave a nod, and the two of them hopped into her car and headed to the mall.


      They shopped around, mostly looking until they got to the candy shop. Aria picked up several different types of chocolate and a pick girt bag with hearts on it.


      “Yikes! That’s a lot of chocolate Aria.” Stella said with a curious look.


      “Well, I’m just going to carry this bag around and give chocolates to everyone.” Arias expression gave no hint of joking around.


      “I never thought of that before! I’m sure people would appreciate that!”Stella replied with a small nod.


      “I just thought that there are lots of people who don’t really receive valentines at school, or anywhere, so I wanted to be the one to help them” Aria gave a very sincere smile, “I was in that position once.”


      “You have quite the noble heart Aria.” Stella gave her a pat on the back as they headed out of the mall. “But I just have to ask, do you have a job? I’ve never known you to say you’re working, but you seem have a lot of money.”


      “oh that... my parents...” Aria gave a small frown, “I don’t really want to talk about that right now.”


      “Not Tom and Mariam I’m guessing. I’m sorry I brought it up, you can tell me about your parents when you’re ready.”Stella gave an apologetic glance. It was no secret that Aria was being fostered, Tom and Mariam were very active in the community and well known, so when Aria appeared in their lives everyone knew she wasn’t biologically related. Neither of her foster parents had siblings after all.


 

      Valentines Day rolled around, an active Thursday at the university. Aria had made it halfway through her day, the chocolate from her bag nearly gone. She had received many warm thanks for her gifts, even some hugs. Her own heart felt light, nothing made her happier then the thankful reactions that came from those she gave chocolates to.


      “Just a salad thanks, I’ve eaten a lot of chocolate today, so I need to have some balance.” Aria said to the woman in the university cafateria. She gave thanks, leaving a piece of chocolate on the counter after paying for her food. As she looked for a seat she spotted a familiar mop of blonde hair.


      “Hey! Mind if I keep you company?” she asked sitting across from him.


      “Yes I do actually.”Chase looked more sour than usual.


      “So I take it you don’t like Valentines Day?” Aria asked, “Do you not get chocolates?”she gave a curious look.


      “What business is that of yours?” he scowled from the very depths of his icy blue eyes, “maybe I just don’t accept chocolates because I don’t want any.”Aria was slightly taken aback, but remained as she was.


      “Well why the heck not? Whether someone intends to ask you out or just be charitable, it’s all free chocolate right?” she gave a small smirk. “It’s not every day you get free chocolate. It’s not like I’m confessing my undying love for you or anything.”Aria said, chuckling.


      “I don’t really care it’s just chocolate, now can’t you just leave me alone?”He asked in a sharp tone. Aria opened her mouth to protest, but instead gave him a small smile and nodded.


      “Sure thing, I hope you have a nice Valentines Chase” She said as she stood up. She left a small, blue, see-through package of chocolates on the table as she picked up her bowl of salad and made her way to the outside part of the cafateria. She gave away a few pieces of chocolate to some of the students milling about around the tables before sitting down and enjoying her meal. She glanced at Chase through one of the windows, seeing him stuff the crinkled package of sweets into his sweater pocket before leaving for whatever class he may have had. She smiled, so he took them after all. It was a small victory, but a victory none the less.


 

 

      “Did he really accept them?” Stella asked, her grey eyes filled with surprise.


      “Well he stuffed them in his pocket, so I’m not sure, for all I know he could’ve thrown them away after he left.” Aria answered with a shrug.


      “That is still pretty surprising.” Stella pointed out as they approached her house. “Well, I guess I will see you later.” She said with a wave. Aria waved as well, waiting toll her friend was through the door before moving on towards her own house.


      As she rounded a corner she spotted Chase, and backed up. She peeked around the fence of the corner house she was just about to pass as the crabby blonde pulled a foil wrapped, chocolate heart from his pocket. He removed the foil and popped the chocolate into his mouth, his usual scowling expression shifting to something a bit more flat, and almost soft. Aria couldn’t help but smile at this development, it seemed the cold hearted young man had a soft spot for more than just music, he had a sweet tooth as well. One step at a time, slow and steady does win the race after all. Aria thought with a light chuckle, knowing that she still had a long journey ahead of her.

Progress Journal: Thursday, February 14th, 2012,

Today turned out better than I thought. It seems that Valentines doesn’t always have to be about true love, but any sort of love and happiness you want to share with others. For now I think teaching someone to smile would be a worthwhile goal, so that what I’m working towards first.




© 2013 StarDust


Author's Note

StarDust
now that my story has a few chapters, i wouldnt mind hearing what everyone thinks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: A Year Of Miracles, Chase, Aria, Valentines Surprises