Willow: To Keep the Silence - Prologue

Willow: To Keep the Silence - Prologue

A Chapter by Starship
"

A teenage girl with a secret power faces someone who can take away everything she has ever known

"
 

Willow: To Keep the Silence

A thought, a single thought, and everything could grow quiet. Everything would become cold; not a sound would fill the air. With another, all of the loud, ear shattering noise would flood back and everything would begin to play. No one would question what had happened, no one.

No one except for me.

Me, the person whose singular thought could freeze everyone and everything for hours, days at a time. No one besides myself would ever know it.

If a person, save myself, were to ever find out about what I can do... I don't even like to think about it. I would be labeled a freak, a mutant.

With all these fears etched into my mind, I promised and swore to myself that I would never tell a soul. I wouldn't even tell the people I loved most in the world; my mom and my dad.

No one could ever know.

I was eight when I discovered my gift...my curse.

I had gotten into an argument with my mom about something childish and unimportant, but I was angry. She was angry, in turn, at me for being such a brat. I yelled and screamed horrible words at her. I said I wish she would just leave me. I wished she wasn't my mom anymore.

Then it happened.

I remember looking at my mom and seeing a tear hanging there, frozen as though it were about to fall. I could almost feel my own tears welling in my eyes. She wasn't moving.

“Mommy?” I remember saying before I broke down in tears. “Mommy, please wake up!” I yelled. I expected my dad to come running in after hearing my cry except he didn't.

“I want my mommy to move again,” I whispered to myself.

“Willow, you just need,” my mom resumed yelling. Like someone had just pressed the play button on a DVD player. When she noticed I wasn't in front of her any longer she stopped mid-sentence and look to find me sprawled on the ground with tears streaming down my cheeks. “Willow, honey, how did you get there?” she asked, her tone soft and gentle.

“I'm sorry mommy!” I said in between sobs. “I didn't mean anything I said!”

My mom took me into her arms and I buried myself in her shoulder.

“There, there Willow. Everything is going to be all right,” she cooed while running her hand gently through my hair. She kept me wrapped in her arms, thus comforting me for hours after.



© 2010 Starship


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how it gripped me straight away :) I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010


Author

Starship
Starship

Schuylkill County, PA



About
Hey there, I'm Starship - but you can call me Ally. I've been writing for about five years, and I've shifted from a lot of different websites trying to get some sort of critique on my writing. I'm.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starship


Getting Air Getting Air

A Book by Starship