Conkering Hallow Town

Conkering Hallow Town

A Story by Nichole Marie
"

Victoria and James are both evil geniouses in completely different ways and hate eachother. See what happens when they work together to take over the world.

"

 

Conquering Hallow Town
By: Nichole Crofoot
 
Victoria was an evil woman; her hair was black and wild with frizzy curls. Her skin was as white as snow and her smile was the brightest smile with the straightest teeth you have ever seen in your life. Victoria’s voice was as smooth as silk but her laugh was as wretched and evil as her mind. Victoria was a beautiful woman, the most desired woman by all the men in Hallow Town. But did she care? No, she didn’t think twice about the men who drooled over her, but instead, she paid attention to her observations on her arch enemy, James.
            James is a handsome fellow. He always wears a suit and always has a pen, a pair of glasses, and paper handy. He too is desired with his black gelled hair so nice and sleek, you would never suspect him to bamboozle you in a life time. James, just like Victoria, is evil, they both want to rule the town and slowly take over the world. However James is not as evil as Victoria. The differences between Victoria and James are that Victoria is good with plots, plans, and schemes; she’s only good with very few chemicals and theories. Those weak spots of Victoria’s however are James’s strong points. He can concoct a liquid so potent that just a single sniff of it could kill a man. Those strong points of Victoria’s are where James’s weakness come in.
            Victoria was sitting in her favorite chair next to the fire place when the ringing of the door bell echoed through her mansion. She stood up and walked to the door to greet her guest.
“Well hello there Sir James. I’m so very glad you could join me.”
“As am I Miss. Victoria. Now I’m here because you said this was an urgent matter.”
“Yes, yes. Of course. Come right this way.”
            Victoria led James into the dining hall where she had a table full of mouth watering food. There was enough food on that table to feed the entire town, but Victoria knew better.
“Now before we eat, I would like to discuss an opportunity.”
“And what sort of opportunity would this be?” James leaned in closer showing pure interest which is exactly what Victoria needed to carry on.
“An opportunity of a life time James. The two of us, will become partners and take over this whole town. I’ve planned it all out!” James was confused and a little cautious. James and Victoria have always been enemies, but James knew that Victoria was a smart woman and to listen to her before turning down such an ‘opportunity’ or so it was lightly put.
“And how exactly would we do this?” James asked with curiosity and pure interest once again.
“I am so very glad that you asked my dear friend. It is all so very simple, so simple; I can’t believe I haven’t thought of it before! You see, the two of use will go around the town helping others; we’ll volunteer at the shelters, give food to the hungry, give clothes to the homeless, and give games to the children. Soon it will be elections for the new mayor and you and I will both be nominated and run. Once one of us wins, we will join together and take over the whole town then soon, the world! It’s brilliant! We will have control over everything! What do you think?” Victoria looked over at James to see if he was as interested as he was before, and to her surprise, he was even more interested.
“I’m thinking I like the idea.” James said with an evil smirk on his face. Joy was radiating off of him.
“I just knew you would.” Victoria walked over to the dining table and gestured towards a chair for James to sit in and poured a class of red wine for the two of them to drink. Victoria and James sat at the dining table eating and discussing their plan into more depth and detail then ever thought and planned before.
            The very next day James and Victoria stepped out for the very first time, to do something other than going to the market to get things for their evil plans that were bouncing around in their minds. Anything else that they needed they simply had their little minions do for them. Although they weren’t really minions that’s what Victoria and James would call them. It took much less time then saying their real name or what their actual job was. First they went to the daily town meeting at noon and then went to the Hollow Town Orphanage. There they played games with the children and took them to town square where they could play in the fountain in front of a statue of the founder of Hallow Town. The whole time Victoria just wanted to find a clever way to make them swallow all the pennies in the other fountain across town. She also wanted to see how many pennies they would swallow until they choked. Victoria felt so restricted and out of place with the children at the fountain but she knew it would all be worth it in the end. All James wanted to do was to see if he could find a way to make the children’s brains explode using water and copper. Which he knew better than anyone, that is was not possible, but he was always up for a challenge.
            For the next three months Victoria and James were doing kind and caring things around the town. It didn’t take long for everyone to adore, envy and even look up to them. Their plan was working so well that just like Victoria predicted they were nominated for mayor. The day they got elected Victoria and James came together once again at Victoria’s mansion to plan out their campaign strategy for mayor. Soon they were to run against each other in elections.
“Now James, it doesn’t matter who wins because either way we will join together and take over the whole town. Just imagine the sweet taste of that victory. Imagine the world soon lying in our hands, completely ours to rule and have power over. That is what truly matters.” Victoria said this with so much excitement when she was speaking that it seemed almost benevolent. James felt so enlightened that he started making up his own plan for when one of them won the elections. He would kill Victoria in the most unexpected way. It would be so sudden and so unexpected from him that she never would have seen it coming.
            After many weeks of campaigning against each other Election Day had finally arrived. Everyone was gathered in city hall waiting for all the votes to come in and be counted. Victoria and James were perfectly calm; they knew they had a shoe in. There were only three people running for mayor. The third person running was Jeffrey Cunning. He was a very interesting man. He had a twitch and an obsession with boxes. His hair was a sandy blonde color and his hair looked so much of a mess it didn’t even look like his hair; it looked more like a birds nest. His face was dirty and he smelled as if he hadn’t taken a shower in months, because of this nobody stood within smelling distance from him.
            Sally Lu walked into the room with a manila envelope in her hands and said, “I have the winner in my hands!” Sally looked at Jeffrey who twitched then started to mutter something about boxes and how when he went home he was going to hug his friend boxy the card board box.
            Sally turned away a little worried for her safety, considering the fact that Jeffrey is twitching and talking about boxes who smells and looks horrible. Sally however quickly got over that and started talking again.
“I am pleased to announce the winner of this year’s election. Hallow Towns new mayor is…”
            ‘This is it’ Victoria thought to herself. Her plan was either going to work and fallow through or fail hopelessly. Victoria knew who was going to win, after all she had planned this whole thing out in the first place, but when Sally was opening the manila envelope Victoria felt as if the world had slowed down, and possibly been put on pause. The adrenaline was running through her veins like electricity. She could feel not only her own heart beat, but everyone else’s heart beats in the room at warp speed.
            Sally pulled out the sheet of paper with the name of the new mayor on it and took a deep breath then finally let out the word “James!” Everyone stood up if they weren’t already and started to clap. James made his way to the podium while Victoria went to the back to get the drinks. As she was handing the drinks out James was making his acceptance speech. Victoria just kept on handing out drinks until she ran out and had to go to the kitchen in the room next door to get drinks for her and James. When Victoria got back James was just finishing up his speech so she handed him is wine and stood off to the side with her cranberry juice.
“Thank you citizens of Hallow Town; I am greatly honored to be your mayor!”
            James then took a sip of his special red wine then watched as everyone cheered, then took sips of their drinks and started to disperse. Once everyone was out of the room Victoria turned around and started looking through some papers. James took this as his open window of opportunity and grabbed a dagger from behind him and started his way towards Victoria. He was right behind Victoria and was getting ready to stab her right in her heart and take over the town all by himself when he started to have a hard time breathing. James dropped the knife and put a hand on his chest. Each breath he took it got harder and harder. Victoria turned around with an evil smirk on her face and started to speak.
“Trying to kill me? Well, I hate to break it to you James but I think I just beat you to it.”
            James was starting to turn blue and purple from the lack of oxygen getting into his lungs and was trying to cough to receive air but was failing miserably.
“It’s funny James, I’m not as good as a chemist as you, but I can make one mean poison.”
James took his final breath and the wheezing stopped. Victoria stepped over James’s non moving body and looked outside. Snow was beginning to fall and everyone was running outside to play. The town was paying no attention as to what was going inside City Hall. Victoria grabbed James’s wine glass and emptied it into a plant by the window sill and made her way outside in to the already white and powdered roads of Hallow Town to inform everybody of his death.
            As far as anybody knew James died from an asthma attack. He was simply too excited about becoming mayor and began to have an anxiety attack which lead into an asthma attack and just kicked the bucket right then and there.
            Since Victoria came in second place she became the new mayor and almost immediately started to take advantage over her power and slowly took complete control over Hallow Town. She slowly started to work her way to the next town and the next town. Soon it was almost impossible to find a single town that she didn’t own and have control over. It took her three years after becoming mayor of Hallow town to take over the world. To be widely feared and looked up upon, but it only took her three minutes to kill a man who stood in her way, and she can always do it again.

© 2009 Nichole Marie


Author's Note

Nichole Marie
This was an English essay, originally I planned on having it be way longer, sorry if it's annoying at all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i remember you telling em the plot when you first wrote it. Damn, i wish i could find mine!

I liked it, alot. Amazing plot. Could use a little more thoughts about word choice and how the sentance was formed. Other than that, great story. Within the restriants of an english essay (and me having to live through the same restraints), i think it was great. You should definantly think of re-writing it and making it longer, outside of class, though. It would be interesting. Give more of a back story on their fighting and what not. Great job regaurdless.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i remember you telling em the plot when you first wrote it. Damn, i wish i could find mine!

I liked it, alot. Amazing plot. Could use a little more thoughts about word choice and how the sentance was formed. Other than that, great story. Within the restriants of an english essay (and me having to live through the same restraints), i think it was great. You should definantly think of re-writing it and making it longer, outside of class, though. It would be interesting. Give more of a back story on their fighting and what not. Great job regaurdless.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It may be the only time I've ever said this; but yeah it should have been longer. You ran through a quick description of the characters; I would've liked to have seen them and not have you tell me everything. All of it got better towards the end, narrative, description, and dialogue (which was kinda weak at the beginning) It just seems that as you were writing you actually got into the story. I think you should re-read it and make it into the story it should be. I'm still trying to figure out where Jeffrey fits tho; I kept waiting for him to do something. It had some very funny moments though; just try not to force the story. Remember that your first few sentences need to make me want to read the rest. Make them count.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2009

Author

Nichole Marie
Nichole Marie

Seattle, WA



About
My Name is Nichole I live in the Puget sound so it rains a hell of a lot, which is nice. Rain inspires me. I use to write a lot but for some reason I don't anymore, but I am currently working on a new.. more..

Writing