Letters to You

Letters to You

A Poem by Nichole Marie
"

Mother raised daughter under "do as I say not as I do" terms. The daughter is all grown up and the mother wants to take it back.

"

You tell me things I dont want to hear. Please shut up so that I can get away from here. You wonder why I'm gone, why I avoid home. Its because deep down it's not a home. I feel so alone and out of place there.

   My heart breakes to pieces when you don't see the new person who stands infront of you. The person I have come to be is judged by you and you refuse to try to understand it. I've always said that a person is a person; we're all the same inside.... I was wrong because you and I could never be the same.

   You always taught me to make my own opinion, to have my own voice, the dance to the beat of a different drum... I've done all those things. I have faught all my fights and now you want to take what you taught me all back?? What is so wrong with the person that I am? You can't honestly believe that you've made a mistake do you? So what if I dont want to clean up after myself every five second, that doesn't make me a horrible person. You can either deal with the way I am or live without me, but no matter you're dessision I could never be the person you wanted me to be.

© 2009 Nichole Marie


Author's Note

Nichole Marie
Do you feel the emotion thats suppose to be behind this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes. Its kinda obvious its about a child and parent, but maybe there is more behind it i'm not seeing? i enjoyed, once again, how it was in first person. Almost argumative. If thats a word. It should be. lol. I enjoyed it. Good write

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, I do see the emotion, but you need to make the flow better, and though this is a story and not a poem, a story like this needs a more poetic feel to it.

Also, "faught" is "fought".

Not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to give some constructive criticism!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2009

Author

Nichole Marie
Nichole Marie

Seattle, WA



About
My Name is Nichole I live in the Puget sound so it rains a hell of a lot, which is nice. Rain inspires me. I use to write a lot but for some reason I don't anymore, but I am currently working on a new.. more..

Writing