My Greed

My Greed

A Poem by Nichole Marie
"

Although her best friend lied to her and used her in more ways possible and is treating her like scum, this girl still wants to be there for her 'friend'.

"

You dont see it. You dont understand it. You can't grasp it.
You think I'm crazy. You think I have a master plan. That I'm trying to fool you.
But really, I'm greedy. You're everything I need. You're the one I need to care for, the shoulder that I need to be there for when I am sad. You are the tall, strong statue of friendship that should be there for me through the dark.
Second chances.... They dont exist anymore do they? You give and you give with nothing in return.... Why should you give them out anymore?

I can feel it. Tearing me apart inside. Burning me alive from the inside out. The secret poison that reacts like acid when I think of you. It's a sad addiction. A sad excuse. But it's all that I have. Don't take it away from me. I dont know how long I can go without it. My mental state, well, I dont even know what that is anymore. I need to be there, I need to see that everything is the same. I need to see that there is such a thing as change, and progression!!!!

I need you to know that we have become different people!
That we have changed but deep down inside us that we are the same.
We are the same innocent people that we were meant to be.
I need to know that things are going to be okay somehow... some day....
No matter how loud my music is.... it's always there....
I cannot run away from it. It cannot escape my mind.

My greed, will always remain.

© 2009 Nichole Marie


Author's Note

Nichole Marie
Say anything OTHER than it sounds like it's from New Moon. I have nothing against Twilight, I just don't want to hear that my writing sounds like it... again. >_>

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol, it kinda does sound like it though.

Well, its very strong. Very emotional, so i can see the resemblance. You automatcially want to relate and know to feel how it describes. very powerful and amazing. great peice of writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 8, 2009
Last Updated on December 10, 2009

Author

Nichole Marie
Nichole Marie

Seattle, WA



About
My Name is Nichole I live in the Puget sound so it rains a hell of a lot, which is nice. Rain inspires me. I use to write a lot but for some reason I don't anymore, but I am currently working on a new.. more..

Writing