Chapter-1

Chapter-1

A Chapter by Death
"

Introduction to Alice's mind.

"

Alice. My name is Alice. I'm 16 and his attacks don't hurt anymore.

I repeat this mantra in my head again and again as I try to keep a straight face and try not to betray my emotions away. But after a while it's just too much for me, I run up to my room and slam the bedroom door shut.

And then I cry. I cry tears that I didn't know I had left. It's night and I lay down on my bed trying to fall asleep but wishing that I don't. I know what will happen when I fall asleep, I'll dream, I'll have dreams about the happy parts of my life.

I finally fall asleep and wander into a dream that takes me down the memory lane. It's too much. I wake myself up. I'm covered in tears and sweat despite the cold wind that is blowing through the open window.

I stare at the ceiling and think. I think about that sweet guy in school that I'd met at the day of my finals, I'd forgotten to ask his name. I think of that b***h Tracy who used to be my best friend. I think of that brat Marcus with his arrogance and his showing off. I think of that emo looking girl who always gets bullied by him. I think of my father. I think of everyone and how their lives have affected them. 

And then I think of me, a maniac who should probably be in a mental institution for messing up my own life and then making myself miserable.

All of this makes me angry and sad at the same time. It's just too much. Everything is too much for me. I need to stop my emotions and there's only one thing I can do about it.

The supple and suave voice of the blade calls to me from the darkness. It's like a siren, calling to me and I can't help but listen to it.

I go to my desk and look for it in the darkness. Finally, after searching for some minutes, I find it. It's cold in my fingers. It's gleaming edge reflects the moonlight streaming through my window.

It looks beautiful yet deadly, just like the Prince of the Unseelie court I'd read about in faery tales. He's beckoning to me to come to him, and he's promising to take my pain away.

I place the sharp edge of the blade on my wrist and I cut. I cut until I don't feel anything, until I feel numb. It's the best thing in the world, feeling nothing. I feel inhuman yet peaceful.

I stare, fascinated as blood gushes out of my wounds. It flows down my arm and onto the floor.

I lay down on my bed and fall into a deep slumber too tired to wash away the blood. I know I'll have to face my emotions and the world tomorrow, but for now I'm content with this temporary solution.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Like it or nah? I know it's really short but hey I'm trying my best:)



© 2016 Death


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on October 26, 2016
Last Updated on October 26, 2016


Author

Death
Death

India



About
A 15 year old teenager who loves writing,reading, music, sketching, cooking and horse riding. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Book by Death