The Animal's Solution(unfinished)

The Animal's Solution(unfinished)

A Story by Storm
"

*Inspired by writing prompt #3 from 1000+ Writing Prompts app* "You find out that you will die in five years or less. How did you find this out? What would you do in those five years?"

"

She sat in silence as the news broadcast went on in excruciating detail about the imminent death of humanity in eighteen hundred days. The woman reading the story, Anne Clemmons, spoke in a solemn, serious tone as if what she was saying was plausible. Darcy Toleman didn’t believe a word that was coming from her television. “As if animals could really take over the world.” She said to herself.


              The news relayed that the animal population had grown tired of the actions of their so-called superior species. They were fed up watching their planet be destroyed. As a solution they had decided to band together, creating a remedy that would ultimately fix all of nature’s ailments, but send the human race to extinction. This was a sacrifice they were willing to make.


              Darcy laughed out loud and shook her head. “What will they come up with next?” She clicked of the television and walked towards the door to head to work. Opening it, she stopped, shock taking over her body. Not only were people in utter panic mode, but animals were freely roaming the streets, heads held high like they owned the place. A panther walked right up to her front door, laid down and seemingly smiled at her in a triumphant manner.


              She slammed the door shut and sunk to the floor. “How is this happening?” She said to herself. After some time, she got up feeling defeated. She walked over to her chair and sunk down, overcome with emotional exhaustion. She turned the tv back on, hoping a solution would come from the broadcast.


              Anne Clemmons was still going on about what was to come in the next 5 years. Darcy wondered how the woman knew all this. “It’s not as if animals can talk,” She thought to herself. As the woman droned on, suddenly the newsroom was in panic. A group of proboscis monkeys were walking right through the studio towards the news broadcaster. A monkey that appeared to be the leader jumped right up on her desk and looked straight at the camera. He then began to speak. Darcy’s jaw dropped as she moved forward in her seat, prepared to listen intently.


              “Humans are no longer in control.” he began. “Your race has destroyed everything we of the animal kingdom hold dear and to survive. You have demolished our homes to make your own. You sacrifice our precious lives for food and other items we creatures find useless. You kill our food with you toxic chemicals, and most of all you have polluted the atmosphere with your technology that your ancestors before you easily lived without.” He paused for a moment, staring intensely at the camera. Darcy felt as if he was staring right at her, studying her, mocking her misery and confusion.


              After what seemed like an eternity, he continued. “There are five phases to our planet solution. The first phase has already begun. Animals of all kinds have begun roaming your populated areas, secreting the cure from their pores. Be advised, any attempt to take out one of our own will be met with deadly force. We will show no mercy, for this is the only way to save our earth.”


Now smiling, he continued. “Phase two will consist of moving you anthropoids out of your homes. We will be the ones to live in luxury for once. You will be left to your own devices to find food, shelter and all your other doltish needs.  You will have one year to prepare yourself for this phase. Each of the five junctures of our resolution will take approximately one year to complete. I suggest you use your time wisely.”

© 2020 Storm


Author's Note

Storm
This is an unfinished product and a rough draft. Any feedback is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on October 21, 2020
Last Updated on October 27, 2020
Tags: animal kingdom, fantasy, scyfi, apocalypse

Author

Storm
Storm

IN



About
I like to challenge myself as a writer. I try to do writing prompts daily. I take the original prompt and just go with whatever comes to my mind. Sometimes I stray away from the prompt. I also have st.. more..

Writing
Darkest Love Darkest Love

A Poem by Storm


Music To My Soul Music To My Soul

A Story by Storm


I Am Green I Am Green

A Poem by Storm