Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by Storm Lawson

There was nothing but sand. He stretched his vision over the horizon while steadily turning on the spot but still there was only sand. All day he’d been here, wandering through this golden hell, mumbling and grumbling and muttering and stumbling and cursing his sense of direction, or lack thereof.
 It was two hours of jagged walking before he noticed a glint in the sand. It couldn’t have been anything that would rescue him but he still found himself running through the desert towards the thing, sand slipping beneath his feet as if trying to pull him away.
 Finally, he reached the glint and he collapsed onto his knees before it, leaning over so as to see what exactly it was.
 Gold gleamed back at him, and he could tell by the way the sand was gathered around it that there was something buried here. Franticly, he began scooping away at the object until enough of it was free that he could pull it up. Grains fell away from the lamp as he held it up in front of him. He was momentarily struck by the beauty of it, not a scratch or scuff could be found on the thing.
 He found himself mesmerized and he reached his thumb over to rub the lamp.
 And Jafar was released.


© 2012 Storm Lawson


Author's Note

Storm Lawson
All feedback welcome!
(It's a little short at the moment, but it's at it's first draft stage).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done; painted the landscape, created a mysterious and intriguing feel; that lures the reader.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012
Tags: fantasy, apocalypse


Author

Storm Lawson
Storm Lawson

Edinburgh, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Storm Lawson


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Storm Lawson